Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Bodo Mueller
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Globe Cargo Pirep dont work since WIN 10 update

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi there,

since I upgraded to Windows 10 I cant use GPC anymore. The program runs in general, connects to FS but as soon as I press "START LOGGING" I will get an error message in german which should releate to MS Framework stuff.

The english explaination to this error message can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/815117

Here a screenshot of my error:

Can this problem be fixed by a new version of GPC or is there an alternate program to generate pireps to participate here at GC VA?
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
nwadc10
Site Admin

Re: Globe Cargo Pirep dont work since WIN 10 update

Post by nwadc10 »

Hi Bodo,

This should be solvable as I've been running Windows 10 since the day it came out.

I see the error in English in the status bar in GCP which is interesting because that error generally indicates that FSUIPC needs to be installed or reinstalled (every once in a while a reinstall fixes the issue) but the FS Status says GCP is connected to FSUIPC. With that the indications are a bit confusing.

One thing I'd like you to verify while I do some research is that GCP is set to Run as Administrator. I don't remember for sure, but that setting may have been reset during the upgrade to Windows 10. Without GCP running as administrator it won't function properly because it needs access to it's own folders and the FS folders that you set in User Setup.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

Bodo Mueller
Member with over 30 posts

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi Justin,
nwadc10 wrote:Hi Bodo,

One thing I'd like you to verify while I do some research is that GCP is set to Run as Administrator. I don't remember for sure, but that setting may have been reset during the upgrade to Windows 10. Without GCP running as administrator it won't function properly because it needs access to it's own folders and the FS folders that you set in User Setup.
thanks for the reply. This was the case. I did not know that the Win10 update rssets the previously set admin rights. Now it is working fine again. Thanks!
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

Great, glad it works now. I vaguely recall having to reset that option after upgrading to Windows 10.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725