Question regarding flying scheduled flights from new pilot

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Greeves
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Question regarding flying scheduled flights from new pilot

Post by Greeves »

Hi everyone, just joined and am excited to get at it!

I've just been successful in my bids for May and have 3 flights scheduled. My question is when am I required to fly those flights? For instance, my first flight:

Week 1
(Mon, 1 May 2017 - Wed, 3 May 2017)
GTI505 (Monday) Phoenix [PHX] - San Diego [SAN]
Information for Atlas Flight GTI505
Phoenix (PHX) - San Diego (SAN)

So, am I required to fly it anytime between Monday and Wednesday or does it have to be on Monday the 1st?

Or do I just have to fly them sometime in May? Sorry for the thick question - I've looked around the forum and the manual and can't seem to find the answer - it's probably obvious to everyone but me...

thanks all!

Geoff
AmundRe
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Question regarding flying scheduled flights from new pilot

Post by AmundRe »

Welcome aboard Geoff! :D

Below is my flight for today as shown on the Route Assignment page. This is what I personally try and go by.

2011 Steven Joppich Captain GRK GTI8322 N464MC Sat, Apr 22nd

I believe that when the bid page shows a date range, like your example, the dispatcher will schedule the flight for one day within that range. Looking at the page for May, your first flight hasn't been scheduled yet it seems, but your second flight is scheduled for Friday, 12 May departing at 0325Z from PHX.

I'd say, give it a few days and just check the Route Assignment page every so often and see if the first leg's been dispatched yet.
Best Regards,
Captain Joppich, Steven "Mongoloid"
Pilot# 2011
"Hammer taken away from Midget."
Greeves

Post by Greeves »

Steven, that's a huge help thank you! So the expectation is to fly the route on the actual the dispatcher schedules it for. Will keep that in mind while bidding!

If I could ask a follow up question, regarding aircraft models? In the pilot's manual it gives very specific models and states that pireps flown with other models will be rejected. IE, the only accepted 777 is from PMDG. However, while reading the forum I see that it may be acceptable to use another type of 777, say from CS, it's just not supported technically? I have the CS777 and wouldn't mind using it on on the 777 routes - is that ok? I do have the CS767 so I am able to fly the compulsory routes without issue - I also have the PMDG MD-11 and am thinking about buying the PMDG 747, so it's not a dealbreaker if I can't use the CS 777.
AmundRe
Member with over 30 posts

Post by AmundRe »

Greeves wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 pm
If I could ask a follow up question, regarding aircraft models? In the pilot's manual it gives very specific models and states that pireps flown with other models will be rejected. IE, the only accepted 777 is from PMDG. However, while reading the forum I see that it may be acceptable to use another type of 777, say from CS, it's just not supported technically? I have the CS777 and wouldn't mind using it on on the 777 routes - is that ok? I do have the CS767 so I am able to fly the compulsory routes without issue - I also have the PMDG MD-11 and am thinking about buying the PMDG 747, so it's not a dealbreaker if I can't use the CS 777.
Unfortunately the "exceptions to the rule" were only in place while the PMDG products weren't available, i.e using the iFly 747 for P3D while those of us who'd switched waited for PMDG to release the v3. The best thing to do is to stick to what the Pilot Manual states.
Best Regards,
Captain Joppich, Steven "Mongoloid"
Pilot# 2011
"Hammer taken away from Midget."
Greeves

Post by Greeves »

AmundRe wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 pm
Greeves wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 pm
Unfortunately the "exceptions to the rule" were only in place while the PMDG products weren't available, i.e using the iFly 747 for P3D while those of us who'd switched waited for PMDG to release the v3. The best thing to do is to stick to what the Pilot Manual states.
Thanks for clarifying - like I said - not an issue for me.