Proper Aircraft Selection Question from New Pilot

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

RE Thomason
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Proper Aircraft Selection Question from New Pilot

Post by RE Thomason »

I'm new to GCVA and I have a question about selecting aircraft. I needed to pick a flight from the Open board flight to complete my first/provisional pirep. I selected and completed it. Then I booked a second flight I intend to fly in the morning and noticed when I expanded the route there was a aircraft registration number tied to it but no aircraft type. I intended to fly the route in a PMDG 744F but when I combed through the registration numbers in the GCP I found the route was intended for a B767? So my question is can I still fly it in the 744F and if not is there some sort of reference table I can use to tell what registration numbers are tied to which aircraft so I don't make that mistake again?

Thanks in Advance,
Robert
PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Proper Aircraft Selection Question from New Pilot

Post by PKlijnstra »

Hi Robert and welcome to GCVA.

To my knowledge you have to fly it with the B767.
For aircraft regs you can check the repaint section of the site: http://www.globecargova.org/Fleet/liveries_fsx.php

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Captain Peter Klijnstra

RE Thomason

Post by RE Thomason »

Thanks that's helpful; I believe I am beginning to understand how the whole process works now. Under the Polar open board flights I didn't see an aircraft type listed and so I initially/wrongfully thought they were open to any aircraft type. Now that I see the registration numbers I understand how it works.

Seeing how I do not own a 767 for P3dv4 is there a way to free up GTI505 KCVG>KPHX so someone who does an fly it? According to the pilot manual your accessed penalty points for not completing Atlas, and Titan charter flights in 48hrs. It does not mention Polar Open Board flights if I can't reset the flight is it okay to let it expire or am I going to be penalized?
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

I think it's beter to let someone from the staff reset your flight so you will not get penalized.
On the other hand I also see someone flying an B747 on a Southern flight richt now. Maybe you can just take the risk and fly the aircraft you want. It's just one flight.

Time for staff to chime in.
Captain Peter Klijnstra

RE Thomason

Post by RE Thomason »

Took your advice and flew it, worse case management will strip the prep, best case they'll understand it was a rookie mistake and cut me a little slack...wont happen again now that I know.
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Exactly my thoughts. They won't be that harsh on you.
Captain Peter Klijnstra

scott1976

Post by scott1976 »

Hi Robert and welcome to the VA. Watch out as well when the monthly bid process comes around, failure to place a bid will mean you get one assigned automatically...meaning you might end up with a flight using an aircraft you don't own. I have been caught out a few times myself and opted instead to conduct another flight from the open board as a replacement. I think they would prefer you did that as opposed to flying the wrong aircraft. I had a similar issue here;

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6155&p=34942#p34942
Captain Scott Gavin
Pilot No. 2528
VATSIM No. 862885
UK NPPL
Volker Jacob
Site Admin

Post by Volker Jacob »

RE Thomason wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm
Took your advice and flew it, worse case management will strip the prep, best case they'll understand it was a rookie mistake and cut me a little slack...wont happen again now that I know.
Hello Robert,

no worries - will keep this in my eye's - if there would be a problem, please feel free to come back to me!

Welcome to Globe Cargo....
Sorry for bad English! - I'm not a man of many words!

BR
Volker