Globe Cargo PIREP

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nwadc10
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Globe Cargo PIREP

Post by nwadc10 »

"I have written a program for the sole purpose of using it as a backup to FSACARS and FSFK. The program is simple enough that it shouldn't quit unexpectedly and if it does, you will have lost no more than 5 minutes of your flight because of the autosave portion. Autosave will save both Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) data and the FS flight. I have provided it in an installer. I tried to design it so one with no knowledge of how to make it work can get it to work. Attatched is the installer but I won't explain anything else as a test to see if it's simple to use. Consider this version as a beta version and unofficial but I would like to get it out to anyone willing to try it out. If you download and use it, please send any comments, suggestions, issues you have with it along with any pirep file it tells you to send to your region's email address, directly to me at ceo@globecargo.org. I am willing to add/change features as users suggest so long as the scope of the program does not change in that it is only a backup to FSACARS and FSFK. By that I mean FSACARS or FSFK is running along with GCP. If FSACARS or FSFK malfuntions at any time during a flight the GCP pirep may be used to replace the lost primary pirep for that leg. The intention is to eliminate the hours of lost flight time simply because a primary pirep program malfunctioned during the flight. Download Globe Cargo PIREP 924Kb Justin"
Last edited by nwadc10 on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

mvm

Post by mvm »

Justin could you post the link to your Program here... anyone that is having FSCARS problems should look into this program by our CEO it includes a autosave function much like Peter Dowson's autosave utility and it will automatically log your flight for manual submission to your region management ....AA region pilots that just can't get FSACARS to run mail me this log for now and i will manually file it...as management is looking into some alternatives to FSACARS
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

I was looking for the installer for the GCP program and I think I lost it with a crash of my laptop. I'll have to make a new istaller for it and this might be a good time to make a couple small edits on it. I'll post here when the new installer is uploaded. Justin
Chief Executive Officer
ceo-at-globecargova.org

nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

I accidentally came across the setup file for GCP which is now uploaded. Click on the download link at the top of this topic to download. Justin
Chief Executive Officer
ceo-at-globecargova.org