New Bid Form Sample

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

globecar
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by globecar »

" The new route bid form will be in use in about 5 days. It is quite different than what you have used to this point. Bidding will be open for routes for 4 days only and will close on the evening of the 20th. This gives hub managers time to get their paper work done and confirm the bids with their pilots for the following month. Here is a sample of what the new bid form will look like. Check it over carefully and ask questions before starting to use the real thing. First you will need to know what your seniority number is. You will get that from the pilot's roster for your hub in the members section. The seniority number is a key number in placing bids. <a href='http://globecargo.org/EXAMPLE_bid_master.htm' target='_blank'>EXAMPLE BID FORM</a> Remember, asking questions now will save confusion later. "
ianshawcross

Post by ianshawcross »

" Looks straight forward enough to me Ralph. Once we're assigned the relevant route we fly that route for a month until the next bids are assigned? Looks like we're going to have lots of fun. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> Looking forward to it. Regards, Ian "
globecar

Post by globecar »

" Yes, That is exactly the same way it works in the real world. You will also note that we have route flying hours shown to help in making a decision. Many short flights are daily, medium flights may be 2 or 3 times a week and long hauls once a week. You will need to check the schedule to see the frequency of the flight. It should balance things out for hours and virtual earnings. As we go forward so will the level of realism that we add to the VA. "
Last edited by globecar on Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwenting

Post by jwenting »

" I'd mention the seniority on there as well, and maybe fill in the formfields as far as possible from the pilot profile (which should be available, after all you need to log in to get there). "
Pedro Rodrigues

Post by Pedro Rodrigues »

" Ralph I´m a litle bit confuse concerning the Bid´s For instances, If I bid a Flight EHAM -> EGPK means that I´ll fly just this leg or I must fly the way back Leg from EGPK to EHAM ??? I saw on your BID form example the time estimated for each flight Time. Seems to me that is 2xTime of each Normal Flight Time. Please enlight me !!!!!!! Thanks in advance "
Last edited by Pedro Rodrigues on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
globecar

Post by globecar »

" Where ever you take that aircraft to, you must also get it home again. If it is a 2 hour flight there it will be another 2 hour flight back again. We are not saying that you must do it the same day or at the correct time although would be ideal. You would file a seperate trip report for each part of the flight and fill in the fields for the date and time that is expected. That is the beauty of computer flying, you can set the date and time. "
jeffg

Post by jeffg »

" Ralph, Looks good JeffG "