Time to come clean :(

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

mav214
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Time to come clean :(

Post by mav214 »

Hello Gentlemen,

I just signed up for Globe Cargo a few days ago, and am happy to have made it in. I am also embarrassed because I lied on part of the application. When I was filling it out I saw that a varied number of addons were required for flying here. I also found that RFP is actually freeware now, so I figured, "Great, I'll sign up and download the freeware later." Not great....after looking at things in a little more depth....RFP will not work with FSX????? Is that right, am I out of luck as far as flying here? I have Cargo Pilot, and Traffic X installed with FSX Gold Edition, but is that enough?

Thanks in advance.
John Z.
John Khan

Re: Time to come clean :(

Post by John Khan »

Hi John

First a big welcome.

Unfortunately you are correct, the RFP 742s were originally produced for FS2002 and later updated to FS2004 and that's it I'm afraid. At the time they were so far ahead of anything else it was incredible.

I have both FS9 and FSX, each on a separate hard drive, and can use the RFPs and all the later stuff, I can give details if you want.

I still think the RFPs are far far ahead of anything now available and fly them most of the time.

Regards
John
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Thanks for the information John, but wow is that disappointing. I'm not in a position to buy anymore software, so I might be out of luck, unless I can get an LOA. Being provisional though, I know I can't do that. I'll have to see what happens over the next couple weeks.
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

mav214 wrote:Hello Gentlemen,

I just signed up for Globe Cargo a few days ago, and am happy to have made it in. I am also embarrassed because I lied on part of the application. When I was filling it out I saw that a varied number of addons were required for flying here. I also found that RFP is actually freeware now, so I figured, "Great, I'll sign up and download the freeware later." Not great....after looking at things in a little more depth....RFP will not work with FSX????? Is that right, am I out of luck as far as flying here? I have Cargo Pilot, and Traffic X installed with FSX Gold Edition, but is that enough?

Thanks in advance.
John Z.
What you need as a bare minimum is the PMDG 747 cargo version. Do you have it?
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Negative, I do not have it. 757 Captain might be doable however. You say that PMDG 747 cargo version is a bare minimum, so if I don't have that, I'm out of luck here?
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

There are 757 cargo flights with the Titan arm of the VA. Click on the Titan tail at the top of the home page and have a look. You will see how they are set out and you can do some of them until you can get the 74s or 767 or MD-11.

John
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

As stated in the pilot's manual:

1.2 Employment
1.2.1 Globe Cargo is open to any virtual pilot who:
(a) Has purchased a registered copy or downloaded the freeware version of Ready for Pushback “First Generation” or Ready for Pushback “Second Generation”; or
(b) Has purchased a registered copy of PMDG‟s 747-400F (747-400 Queen of the Skies required before installing the 747-400F); and
(c) Has a desire for realism; and
(d) Has completed and submitted an application for employment; and
(e) Has completed the entrance exam.
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
mav214

Post by mav214 »

esurfman wrote:As stated in the pilot's manual:

1.2 Employment
1.2.1 Globe Cargo is open to any virtual pilot who:
(a) Has purchased a registered copy or downloaded the freeware version of Ready for Pushback “First Generation” or Ready for Pushback “Second Generation”; or
(b) Has purchased a registered copy of PMDG‟s 747-400F (747-400 Queen of the Skies required before installing the 747-400F); and
(c) Has a desire for realism; and
(d) Has completed and submitted an application for employment; and
(e) Has completed the entrance exam.
Well, I possess c, d, and e of the 1.2 section of the pilot's manual. "A" is not going to happen, because I'm not buying an earlier version of Flight Simulator. "B", I just can't do right now. 757 Captain might have been doable, because it's about $20 cheaper. If there is no chance of dropping to some kind of "inactive" status for a couple months, then I suppose you'll have to remove me from the roster.

Thanks,
John Z.
mav214

Post by mav214 »

YES!!! Found a copy of PMDG 747-400X Queen of the Skies for around $20. I'll be up in those skies soon!!
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Good one John, glad you got it.

John K
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Thanks John, I hope it gets here soon. I need to make that first flight by next Tuesday ;)
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

If there is a delay, drop your Region Manager a note. Yours, I think, is Louis Sanson, and you should get an extension.

John
alex_6523

Post by alex_6523 »

John Khan wrote:Good one John, glad you got it.

John K
Also be aware... That you also need the 747-400F expansion pack to go along with it.
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Thanks for the info gents, and according to PMDG's website, 747-400X includes the 400F variant, so I should be good to go when it gets here.
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Just a side note on this. First, glad you got things figured out and your going to be able to fly with us. We don't want to lose people who have a desire to fly realism.

Not to sound like a party pooper, I found that one pilot in particular had posted that he was flying an unapproved add on. Gentlemen, this will not fly. That is why it's stated in the rules before you get started. This entire VA is based upon realism and all pilots here can attest to that. Everyone has purchased alot of expensive add ons. It's not fair to anyone here if your going incognito on your flights.

If you are flying an unapproved add on. It WILL show up in your pirep. Getting booted from GCVA isn't the end of the world, but it will make it where you may be scrutinized if you try and come back again. If you don't have what is needed, it's best to come clean as this pilot did. Unless there is some kind of waiver, contact someone right away if you do NOT have what is required to fly here at GCVA. Something can be worked out I'm sure. The version of your pirep that is viewed by us in the admin section shows alot of info. That info will tell on you in a big way.

No intent to sound gruff here, just keeping things integral in the spirit of tradition.