Question from the new guy...

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

S_Moore2372
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Question from the new guy...

Post by S_Moore2372 »

This may be covered somewhere, but I can't find it if it is.

I understand we can fly any flight regardless of assigned region. But, here is my question: My last flight was into RJAA. Am I required to find a flight out of RJAA next? Or can I assume I caught a ride to another location and am free to fly from/to anywhere next?

Thanks!
John Khan

Re: Question from the new guy...

Post by John Khan »

Hi Scott

First, welcome to the Globe Cargo people.

We have had some discussions about this before, Bryan and the management have tried to give us continuing flights, in the same aircraft, that follow along from each other. Refer to the Atlas Board and the "Projected............." under the flight.

In real life, of course, this happens all the time with the crews having layovers or deadheading on to their next schedule.

in our VA this can not happen due to real life getting in the way. Some of us will follow a flight as far as possible, again, given the problems with day to day life and work etc.

So, in answer to your question, when you select a flight check under to see the projected next flights and. if you want to, select them as they become available. Incidentally, the next flight in the schedule will appear when you, or someone, completes the flight and sends off the pirep.

Otherwise you can virtually deadhead to anywhere you want, and select another flight from there to anywhere.

Regards
John
S_Moore2372

Post by S_Moore2372 »

OK, good enough. It will be perfectly acceptable to take the next leg to PANC, and then turn around from PANC back..or if I'd chosen to, take a flight originating from Hong Kong or Walla Walla...gotcha. I'll try to stick to the schedules as posted, but may not always be able to.

Thanks, John!
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Yup Scott

You can follow the flight through or go wherever you like, part of the fun of being virtual.

John
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

I always try to select my flights in sequence, i.e. I land at PANC say and the next flight will depart from PANC :D
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Scott,

I might be reading this wrong, but just to clarify, for instance, you fly to PANC from KJFK, you don't see a flight that's leaving PANC that you are interested in, so your virtual dead heading will be definitely virtual. You can't use that aircraft to hop back to where ever you are wanting to go. In other words, we try to keep the virtual as realistic as possible. The only flights you can fly are those posted either on the Polar, Atlas, or Titan boards. Sorry to butt in on that, but the way I was reading it eluded to the possibility of you creating your own flight to get you back to another location.
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Bryan

Yup I can see where there might be a misunderstanding there.

What I meant was you can just appear somewhere else, select a flight, jump in a plane and go, or you can fly there virtually in any aircraft you have, but not officially on GCP, unless there is a flight on one of the boards to get you there.

I'm lucky that way as I have the SSTSIM Concorde on FS9 so I can go somewhere very quickly. :D

John
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Well that's what I was hoping for John. Just wanted to make sure he understood that we can't freelance "on the books" so to speak. Thanks for clarifying that.
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

John Khan wrote:Bryan

I'm lucky that way as I have the SSTSIM Concorde on FS9 so I can go somewhere very quickly. :D

John
Is this a good Version John ?
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Mike

A long time ago PSS brought out the Concorde which was very good. The SSTSIM Concorde is way better than that.

It is a full house sim, - "Not for Beginners!" - as they say at the SSTSIM site. http://www.sstsim.com/

Remember what we thought when they brought out the RFP 742s and then the PMDG 744s? I remember thinking "You have got to be kidding!!". Now we think nothing of getting in, programming the INS or FMC, starting it up, and going.

When I first got it, whilst I was with BA Virtual, It took me two days to get it started . :oops:

When I left there I didn't use it for some time until recently. There is a Tutorial that comes with it, very useful.

I have made my own check list from that Tutorial. It says which panel, sub panel and sometimes a tertiary pane to find switches etc. This is only the first bit of it.

It uses the Civa 1.51 INS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You will be better off with two monitors but not vital.

There are many panels and extra bits of panels especially with the fuel system which is quite complicated. There is however a Virtual Flight Engineer who will handle this for you. If you have the ITVV DVD you will get an idea.

It operates as close to the real thing as is possible with FS9 limitations. They have been talking about FSX but nothing yet.

This is how it would look at my home port.

Mike, if you are looking for a real challenge, this would be real good.

John

PS> Just to whet your appetite:-

mav214

Post by mav214 »

Wow! Very nice looking.
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

I like the the: Terribly complex – which will not appeal to everyone in the AVSIM review. Reaaly nice. :D
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

It is Louis.

The Virtual FE helps a lot, especially with fuel transfers, which is one of the most important and difficult aspects of operating the Concorde.

It sounds real strange to us, but it needs to have the CG as far back as possible for all stages of the flight and, becaue the trim is limited, and it has no flaps or spoilers, they transferring fuel to a large rear tank to change the trim for the supersonic climb, and then pump it forward again for the deceleration.

The Flight Control system has a couple of extra buttons also like MAX CLIMB and MAX CRUISE, which help a lot. These are on the real one aswell.

John
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

I feel a new plane coming to the hangar soon. :wink:
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
E6BAV8R

Post by E6BAV8R »

John Khan wrote:Hi Scott

First, welcome to the Globe Cargo people.

We have had some discussions about this before, Bryan and the management have tried to give us continuing flights, in the same aircraft, that follow along from each other. Refer to the Atlas Board and the "Projected............." under the flight.

In real life, of course, this happens all the time with the crews having layovers or deadheading on to their next schedule.

in our VA this can not happen due to real life getting in the way. Some of us will follow a flight as far as possible, again, given the problems with day to day life and work etc.

So, in answer to your question, when you select a flight check under to see the projected next flights and. if you want to, select them as they become available. Incidentally, the next flight in the schedule will appear when you, or someone, completes the flight and sends off the pirep.

Otherwise you can virtually deadhead to anywhere you want, and select another flight from there to anywhere.

Regards
John
Sorry to bring this back up but I didn't want to start another topic solely to ask a quick question.

My question being: When I do see the Projected flights and want to fly the next sequence, also knowing that the next sequence won't show up until the PIREP is submitted through GCP, how do I know where in the board the flight will show up to select it; or do the flight numbers always stay the same for the entire Projected leg? In other words, do I have to scroll through the entire board again looking for the next leg or will it always be in the same spot as the previous flight was with the same flight number?

Also, when I select an Open Board Flight from Flight Operations > PAC > Open Board Flights - it must be flown within 48 hours or it gets moved back to the Board, right? Does the same apply to Atlas or Titan flights, under their respective menus? I wasn't sure if there is any difference or not; mainly being the layouts are considerably different.

Sorry if I created more confusion!