Where do you buy...

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

rav72
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Where do you buy...

Post by rav72 »

...your diecast models? I've been evicted to a new office and finally have too much space, so I'm going to fill the gaps in with some decent models. My MD is going to be 100% sure that I've gone mental (now he is only 80% sure :D ) but to be perfectly honest I don't give a .... :mrgreen: Anyway, looking for some decent and quite large (1:200) Atlas and Polar birds. I've got absolutely no clue who makes some pretty good models and is not charging a wee fortune. I found a website with some reasonable prices but they have only one Atlas model and it's the pax version - I cannot stand this livery! There is one Polar 74F as well but it's too small :roll: They have a Titan 763, though, and it does look quite tasty.

I believe that there some experts amongst us and would be very grateful if you could help me out with my 'office mission' ;)

Ta much!
Ralf
Ken S

Re: Where do you buy...

Post by Ken S »

Ralf,

I have purchased the following 3 aircraft from here:

http://www.airplaneshop.com/

1.) Hogan Atlas Air B747-8F 1:200
2.) Hogan Polar Air B747-400F 1:200
3.) Boeing 747 LCF 1:200

And am truly satisfied with the quality and the price.
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Whoa.....I thought Titan was fictional.....wow, I guess it is not. Nice looking model. I'd love to have an entire airport set, but that's a ton of cash, and I have no where permanent to put it :(
PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Post by PKlijnstra »

Mine are coming from the Aviation Megastore in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/ near Schiphol. Mostly after an afternoon aircraft spotting at Schiphol I drop by and take an look :D

Hogan, Polar B744 1:200
Hogan, Delta B738 1:200
Skymark, UPS B744 1:200
Premier Plane, Delta B763 1:200

First three are the best in quality with the Hogans at #1. Still looking for an Atlas B742 1:200
Captain Peter Klijnstra

rav72

Post by rav72 »

Thanks Ken and Peter. I've spent some time exploring the AviationMegaStore website before. I'm not sure who makes really decent models and who should be avoided at all cost, though. One of my friends has got InFlight 200 models and they are quite amazing but they cost a fortune here in UK (Europe?). Anyway, I visited Atlas/Polar company shop and found two large 74F's and I think I'll go for them. I reckon that even if they are not great qualitywise at least they will have the right logos :lol:

John,

Titan is not fictional at all but I don't think there are many aircraft out there with the green logo ;)

Ralf
mav214

Post by mav214 »

John,

Titan is not fictional at all but I don't think there are many aircraft out there with the green logo ;)

Ralf
Right, right, that's what I meant, sorry. I knew there was Titan aviation in RL, but I was floored when I saw our livery on it ;)

I know of another website for models, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is. I will post it later tonight, if I still have it saved on my laptop. I know I got it from a link off of airliners.net.
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

The real Titan is not the same as Atlas' Titan. Atlas' Titan (the one we associate with) is only a leasing company, not an aircraft operator.

I used to get my models from www.airplanesuperstore.com. But I believe it's a US company so might cost more for shipping to you.

I have the "good" Polar and Atlas 744 models, I think it was 70USD for both together. They are excellent quality, the best quality stuff I've ever had although I usually bought the cheap 20USD plastic models which is kind of in a different league.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

Ken S

Post by Ken S »

rav72 wrote: Anyway, I visited Atlas/Polar company shop and found two large 74F's and I think I'll go for them. I reckon that even if they are not great qualitywise at least they will have the right logos :lol: Ralf
Better check into the shipping costs Ralf.
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Sorry Ralf, I checked the laptop, and the URL I had saved must've been a casualty of when I loaded Linux, then went back to Windows :(
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

You whant quality??: http://store.atlantic-models.com/po7474f1.html. Incredible store. Will order one eventually. :D
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
mav214

Post by mav214 »

Wow, now that's expensive. 1/100? Pretty big too.