Reset of a flight

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

jfriz
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Reset of a flight

Post by jfriz »

After flying and sending in the pirep for this flight, [yesterday] I received an email with this message. I am not sure what this means?
-------------------------------
Automated reset of flight GTI755
Accumulated points: 2

------------
Thanks for the help.
Jerrell Friz 2200
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
thansson
Site Admin

Re: Reset of a flight

Post by thansson »

jfriz wrote:After flying and sending in the pirep for this flight, [yesterday] I received an email with this message. I am not sure what this means?

------------
Thanks for the help.
Jerrell Friz 2200
It looks like the PIREP that you submitted didn't register in the system and you got dinged two points for not completing the flight in time. See this topic for details on how the charter system works: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4633

If you had technical difficulties with the PIREP, just contact the Charter manager and he should be able to remove those points from your account.
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi Thomas,
I flew the flight within about 36 hours. The email dinging me came right after I submitted the pirep, still within the 48 hour time frame.
I'll go over to the charter forum. [after reading the charter forum, I see others are having the same issue.]

Thanks,
Jerrell Friz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

jfriz wrote:Hi Thomas,
I flew the flight within about 36 hours. The email dinging me came right after I submitted the pirep, still within the 48 hour time frame.
I'll go over to the charter forum. [after reading the charter forum, I see others are having the same issue.]

Thanks,
Jerrell Friz
Could be a timezone issue as well. The automated email is sent out only once every hour when the scheduler scans the flights and determines if they are overdue. 36 hours plus 7 hour flying time plus possible timezone issues and you are close to the 48 hour mark. From a technical point of view the system is working. Since we cycle through the legs, I don't keep a history of when a flight was booked but if you still have the confirmation email that is sent out when you book a flight, please send it to me and I will compare it to the times in the system. I am sure that Mike will consider erasing those points from your record if you ask nicely.
cfi@globecargova.org
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi Thomas,

Sending you the email now.

Thanks you,
Jerrell Friz 2200
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

Brogs

Post by Brogs »

thansson wrote:
jfriz wrote:After flying and sending in the pirep for this flight, [yesterday] I received an email with this message. I am not sure what this means?

------------
Thanks for the help.
Jerrell Friz 2200
It looks like the PIREP that you submitted didn't register in the system and you got dinged two points for not completing the flight in time. See this topic for details on how the charter system works: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4633

If you had technical difficulties with the PIREP, just contact the Charter manager and he should be able to remove those points from your account.
Tomas, How long do the points remain against you ?
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

Brogs wrote:
Tomas, How long do the points remain against you ?
Mike, as per the post that I linked to, the points roll off your record after 90 days. There are some examples in there.
cfi@globecargova.org
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Thanks Tomas! :D