My Region Manager Mike Madery please read

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Tracy Tobin 2526
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

My Region Manager Mike Madery please read

Post by Tracy Tobin 2526 »

Hi
I'm trying to reach my Region manager, Mike Madery. I tried emailing you and my email keeps coming back to me, say that the system can't deliver the email.
The only option I have is the forums and hope you see this message.

I don't know whether its a yahoo mail thing or what but every time I send you email to aa@globecargova.org from my email, it bounces back and its annoying.
Is there something special I need to attach to my emails so you can get them, (signatures banners or special signatures of any kind) I need to talk to you about my PIREP for the month of April and that I was unable to send it in. I did two flights this weekend only to find out I was unable to send any of them in for April.

The first flight for April was Anchorage to Hong Kong (Friday), and I flew the same route again on Sat. On both flights the Global Flight PIREP recorded the flights but I never got the green button to show up so I can send in the PIREP. I don't have time to do such a long flight for next week. So I would ask if Globe Cargo don't kick me off for this month and let me try again next month or maybe I can bid for a shorter route.

Thanks for your time
frieghtdog

Re: My Region Manager Mike Madery please read

Post by frieghtdog »

Hi Tracy,

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago when I contacted Mike via his GCVA email address about a problem with my PIREP. However, even though it appeared to bounce back as un-deliverable, I did actually get a reply from him. My guess is that he may have an auto-forward to another email address set up which isnt working properly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Lee Holland.
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Tracy Tobin 2526 wrote:Hi
I'm trying to reach my Region manager, Mike Madery. I tried emailing you and my email keeps coming back to me, say that the system can't deliver the email.
The only option I have is the forums and hope you see this message.

I don't know whether its a yahoo mail thing or what but every time I send you email to aa@globecargova.org from my email, it bounces back and its annoying.
Is there something special I need to attach to my emails so you can get them, (signatures banners or special signatures of any kind) I need to talk to you about my PIREP for the month of April and that I was unable to send it in. I did two flights this weekend only to find out I was unable to send any of them in for April.

The first flight for April was Anchorage to Hong Kong (Friday), and I flew the same route again on Sat. On both flights the Global Flight PIREP recorded the flights but I never got the green button to show up so I can send in the PIREP. I don't have time to do such a long flight for next week. So I would ask if Globe Cargo don't kick me off for this month and let me try again next month or maybe I can bid for a shorter route.

Thanks for your time
Hi Tracy, when you say the green button didn,t appear, did you A) close down the engines after applying the brakes b) wait until GCP finishes its data uploading which can take a couple of minutes, its best to wait until you get the message that you can close GCP before attempting the upload of the Pirep
Tracy Tobin 2526

Now that you mentioned it, I just shut the engine down and I don't think I applied the brakes. (Bad Pilot) I finally got in touch with my region manager and he wanted me to send the logs that are in the subdirectory of the globe cargo pirep software. I did that, but I noticed I just recorded the time I took off in zulu. It never recorded the time I shut the engines down fuel burn or weights or anything. I did notice that it was saving several logs during the flight (about 9 .5 hrs or so), so I know it was doing something. At the beginning of the flight I took the brakes off and clicked "parking brake set" button in the PIREP software and then clicked "start logging" I'm sure there was a step I missed. It sucks that I couldn't send the PIREP in after so many hours. I did this for two days. Thats roughly 18 hrs of flying for nothing.
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Tracy Tobin 2526 wrote:Now that you mentioned it, I just shut the engine down and I don't think I applied the brakes. (Bad Pilot) I finally got in touch with my region manager and he wanted me to send the logs that are in the subdirectory of the globe cargo pirep software. I did that, but I noticed I just recorded the time I took off in zulu. It never recorded the time I shut the engines down fuel burn or weights or anything. I did notice that it was saving several logs during the flight (about 9 .5 hrs or so), so I know it was doing something. At the beginning of the flight I took the brakes off and clicked "parking brake set" button in the PIREP software and then clicked "start logging" I'm sure there was a step I missed. It sucks that I couldn't send the PIREP in after so many hours. I did this for two days. Thats roughly 18 hrs of flying for nothing.
First off Tracy, you shouldn,t need to click the Parking Brake set button, when you open the software enter all the details of the Flight as required, then click the Logging button, you should have the Parking Brake set on the Aeroplane prior to starting GCP, then just go through the normal Procedures and forget about GCP until shut down at the other end, Engines off, Parking Brake set , wait for the GCP close instruction and then send the Pirep.
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Tracy Tobin 2526 wrote:Now that you mentioned it, I just shut the engine down and I don't think I applied the brakes. (Bad Pilot) I finally got in touch with my region manager and he wanted me to send the logs that are in the subdirectory of the globe cargo pirep software. I did that, but I noticed I just recorded the time I took off in zulu. It never recorded the time I shut the engines down fuel burn or weights or anything. I did notice that it was saving several logs during the flight (about 9 .5 hrs or so), so I know it was doing something. At the beginning of the flight I took the brakes off and clicked "parking brake set" button in the PIREP software and then clicked "start logging" I'm sure there was a step I missed. It sucks that I couldn't send the PIREP in after so many hours. I did this for two days. Thats roughly 18 hrs of flying for nothing.
First off Tracy, you shouldn,t need to click the Parking Brake set button, when you open the software enter all the details of the Flight as required, then click the Logging button, you should have the Parking Brake set on the Aeroplane prior to starting GCP, then just go through the normal Procedures and forget about GCP until shut down at the other end, Engines off, Parking Brake set , wait for the GCP close instruction and then send the Pirep.
mvm

Post by mvm »

got your mail Tracy and have added your pirep..I'll look into the mail problem
mvm

Post by mvm »

also I know you are probably using a newer version of FSUIPC but there appears to be a communication problem between GCP and FSUIPC...no logging of events past "time off" maybe an antivirus program blocking?...next flight check for "time out","time off" etc...before getting to far into your flight.this will let you know the program is functioning
Tracy Tobin 2526

I have version 3.9 of the FSUIPC module. I have the option to pay for it I guess but it seems to work of you don't. I will do a check for Out and Off time next time before I get too far on my flight next time. I did do a test flight in 757 in Titan colors yesterday. That test flight with GC PIREP software worked great. So it shouldn't be a problem next time around. I flew from KSFO to KLAX which is short flight. I wanted to test the software and I wanted to test fly the Captain Sim 757-200. (Base Pack Version). I feel this a/c is harder on frame rates and a bit jerkier than the PMDG set. The CS 757 looks great though. I actually considering getting the freighter expansion. I'm also looking at the dream fleet ATR 72, so I can do some of the shorter routes in case I can't get time to do the much longer ones. Do you have repaints for the Quality Wings 757? I saw repaints for the PSS. The QW 757 looks great too. I like the sound package it has. We'll see. Thanks for your help and that goes for everyone else that responded to the posts.