Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Jason Thompson
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Captain upgrade Test

Post by Jason Thompson »

Hi Guys,

I've just took this test and got 28 right which isn't bad out of 35 apart from no pass never mind :D :D :D :D better luck next time

I think some of the questions are a bit hard and silly really considering some of us are not in the profession in real life and I for one are not one of the brightest buttons on the planet :D :D :D :D

And yes the test is to make us better pilots!!! and to try to make us do things correctly which I try to do but still struggle with :) :) to the best we can but at the end of the day it's for fun though you follow the rules set out by GCP which is fair enough but you could maybe make the questions a little bit easier? for not so brainey people like myself :lol: :lol:

I did try to use google for most of the answers if they where correct I have no idea? It would be a good idea if it gave you an area you could focus on with the questions you failed on to help you pass it. Or suggestions of where to luck to help you pass??

I'm not criticising anybody or Globe with the post just merely putting my point across at how difficult the test is..And I appreciate it's to try and make us better pilots. I appreciate I may get slatted for this post possibly I shall wait and see?? Hope to be still part of Globe since posting this :) :)

Kind Regards

Jason
GTI2500
Regards

Jason
jfriz

Re: Captain upgrade Test

Post by jfriz »

Hi Jason and list,
I recently took the test and just barely passed. The questions that had diagrams to look at,,, were very hard to read, had to guess at them.
I think it would really help if we had some study material, and to be able to see the questions that we missed.

My 2 cents worth.
Jfriz, 2200
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

I'll take a look at the questions again, it's about time to rotate in new questions anyways to keep it fresh. What images specifically are difficult to read, Jerry? (I think you should still have access to the test so go back in and click on the image links to find what you need) A real world commercial pilot will likely be the only one to ace the test, but the test was specifically designed to be passable, with some margin, by anyone.

Regarding some notation of areas to focus on or noting what questions were missed has been noted.

A study guide has always been intended but has yet to materialize.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

mav214

Post by mav214 »

Ugh, now I'm really nervous to try it, lol :(
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi Justin,
I no longer can open the test. As I recall there were 4-5 questions near the middle, all were blurry, hard to read, some of it might be on my end.
I could only access from my Vista machine. For some reason my Win7 machine could not open the test.
Not sure why you want to spend the time,," refreshing" the test. I did not see any old obsolete questions. [although there might be some] I thought the test was pretty straight.

Anyways, the test is 50 questions, and no time limit that I know of. When I tried to Google an answer, I would loose the connection, and would have to restart the test, lots of fun.

For me, not knowing the missed questions, is of no help at all. I would like to be able to study the areas where I am weak.

Jason, give it another shot! What do you have to lose?

Jerry 2200
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
Saul Galeno

Post by Saul Galeno »

Hi guys,

I don't wanna open another topic about this, but I request the Captain Upgrade and at this moment I don't have any e-mail or permission to access the test.

Cheers,
rav72

Post by rav72 »

Saul Galeno wrote:Hi guys,

I don't wanna open another topic about this, but I request the Captain Upgrade and at this moment I don't have any e-mail or permission to access the test.

Cheers,
I'm afraid you have too many penalty points for cancelled charter flights to be accepted in to the Upgrade Group at the moment...

Ralf
Jason Thompson

Post by Jason Thompson »

Hi Ralf

Any chance you could send me the link so i can re-take the upgrade test? I did send a e-mail to you but haven't heard anything. I've looked on Globe site for a link but there isn't one.

Thanks

Jason
Regards

Jason
rav72

Post by rav72 »

Jason Thompson wrote:Hi Ralf

Any chance you could send me the link so i can re-take the upgrade test? I did send a e-mail to you but haven't heard anything. I've looked on Globe site for a link but there isn't one.

Thanks

Jason
Jason,

The Upgrade Test is located in the Crew => Training section of the website. As you are still included in the Upgrade Group you should be able to access the test. Please give me a shout if you have any problems.
Ralf
Jason Thompson

Post by Jason Thompson »

Ralf,

I never realised that's where I had to go :oops: :oops: I thought I needed a link oopppsss what a plonker :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Jason
Regards

Jason
Saul Galeno

Post by Saul Galeno »

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the update.

So, where do I check these points penalties?

Cheers,
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

Saul Galeno wrote:So, where do I check these points penalties?
Click on your name on the roster page.
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
Saul Galeno

Post by Saul Galeno »

Hi Tomas,

I clicked and didn't show anything related to that.
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Hi Saul,

If you click on Crew centre/edit profile you should see how many points you have accumulated,should be on the left just under your pilot number :D

Or this should work if you are signed into the main website http://www.globecargova.org/Pilots/editprofile.php

Good luck :D

Regards Terry
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

Ah, that's where it went... I just code those pages, don't actually expect me to use them! :mrgreen:
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org