Bids and Flying them

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bids and Flying them

Post by 2658 »

How Do I fly my Bids? Do I Fly them on that specific day?
nwadc10
Site Admin

Re: Bids and Flying them

Post by nwadc10 »

No need to. Just be sure to fly it sometime in the month that the bid is for. We just completed bidding for February so the flight you were awarded in February should be flown in February. We just ask that you set your FS date and time to match that of your assigned flight. The date is particularly important for tracking the completion of your flight.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

Post by 2658 »

Right, but my bids wont show up in GCP, and a previously completed flight is still in there...
PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Post by PKlijnstra »

They won't show up untill next month.

The completed flights will be gone with the start of the new month.

Hope this helps :)
Captain Peter Klijnstra

jacques

Post by jacques »

Also. if you pick up a flight from the Polar open board flights list, they will stay listed in GCP until the new month comes around. Atlas and Titan charters roll off of GCP as soon as they are completed. I think Justin and Tomas have that on their list of future fixes.

Jay

Post by 2658 »

So, let me get this straight. Bids picked up in January are flown in February, those in Feb. flown in March, etc.?
jacques

Post by jacques »

Yes! Thats it, exactly! :D The flights you bid on in Jan. will show up in GCP the 1st of Feb. Also note that once these flights are flown, they will remain in GCP (like those from the Polar open flight board) until they roll off at the end of the month. You can refresh your memory on what flights you bid on by going to the Flight Operations tab on the home page and click on the Route Assignments tab (you need to be logged in).

Jay

Post by 2658 »

Jay, thank you. That was the exact answer I was looking for. See you in the skies!
kremin

Post by kremin »

jacques wrote:Yes! Thats it, exactly! :D The flights you bid on in Jan. will show up in GCP the 1st of Feb. Also note that once these flights are flown, they will remain in GCP (like those from the Polar open flight board) until they roll off at the end of the month. You can refresh your memory on what flights you bid on by going to the Flight Operations tab on the home page and click on the Route Assignments tab (you need to be logged in).

Jay
Hello everyone,
There is one thing confusing me on the Flight Operations->Route Assignments tab and that is the significance of the date in the 'Day' column on the right. Using my next assignment in February as an example I can see that my flight is QFA7586 out of AKL . If I click on 'QFA7586' I can see the flight details in a box at the top of the page. The box is headed 'Sunday' which makes sense because I bid for the flight for Sunday 12th February. What is confusing me is that the 'Day' column of the Route Assignments page says 'Thu, Feb 9th'. I'm afraid I cannot find any reference to this column so I don't know what it means :oops:
Will someone enlighten me please.....thanks.
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

kremin wrote:
jacques wrote:Yes! Thats it, exactly! :D The flights you bid on in Jan. will show up in GCP the 1st of Feb. Also note that once these flights are flown, they will remain in GCP (like those from the Polar open flight board) until they roll off at the end of the month. You can refresh your memory on what flights you bid on by going to the Flight Operations tab on the home page and click on the Route Assignments tab (you need to be logged in).

Jay
Hello everyone,
There is one thing confusing me on the Flight Operations->Route Assignments tab and that is the significance of the date in the 'Day' column on the right. Using my next assignment in February as an example I can see that my flight is QFA7586 out of AKL . If I click on 'QFA7586' I can see the flight details in a box at the top of the page. The box is headed 'Sunday' which makes sense because I bid for the flight for Sunday 12th February. What is confusing me is that the 'Day' column of the Route Assignments page says 'Thu, Feb 9th'. I'm afraid I cannot find any reference to this column so I don't know what it means :oops:
Will someone enlighten me please.....thanks.
Hi Richard, thats the starting date of the Week in which your Flight is made , e.g. My first Flight in Feb is on the 3rd but the Week starts on Jan 31st so next to my Route Assignment it shows Jan 31st ,it is confusing , probably just the vagaries of the System, just fly your Bid Flight in February but make sure the FS Date and Time are the same as what your bid is ! even I,m confused now ! :D
kremin

Post by kremin »

Hi Mike, many thanks for that.......I'm less confused now - I think..

EDIT...but on further reflection I'm not sure that's right. Why is the start of the week that we are going to fly in always a different day? I notice that the 'Day' is always three days before the scheduled flight.......so what is the significance of that I wonder... :?:
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

kremin wrote:Hi Mike, many thanks for that.......I'm less confused now - I think..

EDIT...but on further reflection I'm not sure that's right. Why is the start of the week that we are going to fly in always a different day? I notice that the 'Day' is always three days before the scheduled flight.......so what is the significance of that I wonder... :?:
Don't worry about it Richard, just Fly your Bid Flights in the Month thats relevant, making sure that FS time is set to the Date and Time you have Bid for. all times are Zulu of course.