Anchorage Parking.

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

jeronb787
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Anchorage Parking.

Post by jeronb787 »

Howdy from anchorage! during last nights midnight rush of Polar and Atlas flights (8 of em to be exact within 10 minutes of each other) i have gotten to witness all the parking spots Swissport (contract ground handling company i work for) uses to park the aircraft.
N1 can be used as a pull thru spot as long as nothing is parked in N5. the 2 X'd out parking spots are used almost like a haul road/ staging area and are no longer used. N5 and N7 are for the gas and goes. N1 and N3 are typically used for trans loading. so when the flights lets say from CVG and LAX are heading out bound to shanghai and hong kong can get resorted and put on the correct flight. more offten then not some polar flights carry crago for Korean, Nippon, and Asiana. this is also the chance for the cargo to make the trip to the correct flight. the 4 parking spots on the bottom are used during im gonna assume are used on nights like last night. when we had N1 N3 N5 N7 are used up. only N12 and the one closest to taxi way romeo were used out of the 4.
PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Anchorage Parking.

Post by PKlijnstra »

Thanks Jeron, very helpfull when I'm going to fly to PANC next time :D

Must be very cool to be a ramp agent for Polar in real life and fly for them virtually :mrgreen:
Captain Peter Klijnstra

jeronb787

Post by jeronb787 »

ha it is actually. because we all get load sheets upon arrival i use them to figure out my index, and weight and balance. also this is the NW parking all the way past the Fedex and Ups parking, formerly Northwest air Cargo parking
jeronb787

Post by jeronb787 »

ALSO Quantas! Flights park on the Romeo ramp behind the south terminal
jacques

Anchorage Parking.

Post by jacques »

Thanks for all the info, Jeron! All of us "weekenders" always wonder where the ----- to start and where to park!

Jay
mattch49
Member with over 30 posts

Post by mattch49 »

Hey I see my old employer in those photos!

Go Everts!!!! :-)
Joseph Chamberlain - #2335

jeronb787

Post by jeronb787 »

haha, i work for the company that does trans-loading for Polar/DHL/Atlas/Quantas. Soo i gots the info.
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Jeron,

ggod info.

you should the closest neighbour i have here .... we can say that to you too ...

all the best.

Phil

Whitehorse yes and today it s summer ....