Provisional status

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Jarrad
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Provisional status

Post by Jarrad »

Hey there guys. Noob Pilot Jarrad Here.

Just a question regarding provisional status here.

On average, how long does it take for logged/sent via PIREP flights to be processed. This morning I completed GTI8272 CYYZ-KPBI, and logged it & sent it via PIREP?

On the pilot roster list, last time I checked, I had 3:10 hrs next to my name, but still provisional status.

Does it take a few days, or does it depend on one of the admins?

Thanks guys
nwadc10
Site Admin

Re: Provisional status

Post by nwadc10 »

Hi Jarrad and welcome,

Your assumption is spot on, the "Provisional" status is manually changed by Ralf. Your pirep however, is processed automatically and immediately when you send it. In fact if you want to get technical, your pirep is processed before the button in GCP can change to "Pirep Sent".

If you have also completed your Indoc exam then you are all set to go, it's just a matter of Ralf making note of the pirep and exam completion and he will change your status to "Active". There is nothing else that you need to do.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

raa57
Member with over 30 posts

Post by raa57 »

Welcome to Globe Jarrad :D :D

Hope you enjoy your time here

Regards Terry
Jarrad

Post by Jarrad »

raa57 wrote:Welcome to Globe Jarrad :D :D

Hope you enjoy your time here

Regards Terry
Thanks Terry. I will haha
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Welcome Jarrad ! enjoy your time here. :D
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Welcome aboard Jarrad, enjoy your stay here :)
Captain Peter Klijnstra

Jarrad

Post by Jarrad »

Thanks for the Warm Welcomes guys :D
rav72

Post by rav72 »

Jarrad wrote:Hey there guys. Noob Pilot Jarrad Here.

On average, how long does it take for logged/sent via PIREP flights to be processed. This morning I completed GTI8272 CYYZ-KPBI, and logged it & sent it via PIREP?

On the pilot roster list, last time I checked, I had 3:10 hrs next to my name, but still provisional status.

Thanks guys
As explained by Justin, the status gets changed manually when you submit your first PIREP and pass the Indoctrination Exam. The reason why I did not update your status to active when you submited your PIREP was because you had not taken the test. All sorted now :wink:

Ralf
Jarrad

Post by Jarrad »

rav72 wrote:

Thanks guys
As explained by Justin, the status gets changed manually when you submit your first PIREP and pass the Indoctrination Exam. The reason why I did not update your status to active when you submited your PIREP was because you had not taken the test. All sorted now :wink:

Ralf
Yes Ralf. People were mentioning the indoc test, and I was like......."DOUBLE EWE TEE EFFFF?????"

Then I looked into it, and, yes, now it's all sorted lol.
rav72

Post by rav72 »

Jarrad wrote:
rav72 wrote:

Thanks guys

Ralf

Yes Ralf. People were mentioning the indoc test, and I was like......."DOUBLE EWE TEE EFFFF?????"

Then I looked into it, and, yes, now it's all sorted lol.

All newcomers receive my welcome letter, which explains every single step they need to take. You must have been too eager to get into the 747 cockpit and never properly read the letter :D

Ralf
Jarrad

Post by Jarrad »

Guilty as charged Ralf lol.

Real men don't need instructions haha

Jarrad.
kevinh

Post by kevinh »

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but is the indoctrination exam a technical exam like the entrance exam, or is it based on VA procedures as the training page implies? I'd like to know what I'm up against and what to prepare for.

I didn't get a welcome letter as such, just an email saying my application was accepted and giving me a pilot number. This additional test came as something of a surprise.
Kevin Hall #2875
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

kevinh wrote:Sorry to drag up this old thread, but is the indoctrination exam a technical exam like the entrance exam, or is it based on VA procedures as the training page implies? I'd like to know what I'm up against and what to prepare for.

I didn't get a welcome letter as such, just an email saying my application was accepted and giving me a pilot number. This additional test came as something of a surprise.
The Indoc Exam is purely based on the Pilot Manual. Answers to all questions will be found in that document.

A new Pilot Manual is due for publishing very soon and a completely rewritten Indoc Exam to go with it. Your Provisional status requirements within 14 days is extended to 14 days after the publishing of the Pilot Manual so don't sweat it that you don't have access to the new Indoc Exam yet.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

kevinh

Post by kevinh »

nwadc10 wrote:The Indoc Exam is purely based on the Pilot Manual. Answers to all questions will be found in that document.

A new Pilot Manual is due for publishing very soon and a completely rewritten Indoc Exam to go with it. Your Provisional status requirements within 14 days is extended to 14 days after the publishing of the Pilot Manual so don't sweat it that you don't have access to the new Indoc Exam yet.
Thanks Justin, that's good to know. As I've already read the current manual I'd better take the test now before the new one comes out. :lol:

Kevin
Kevin Hall #2875
Tobias Gruber

Post by Tobias Gruber »

good thing i just did mine...and passed 8)