Arrival Times and the PMDG 747

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

poliver
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Arrival Times and the PMDG 747

Post by poliver »

Hi all,

I've noticed that despite proper planning and strong head winds I am still arriving up to 2 hours early on all my flights in the PMDG 747. Were the Schedules deliberately made to be this "loose" as it were? Or am I flying the 744 too fast? It seems in order to me to arrive closer to the required arrival time I need to slow down to Mach 0.75, and even them my ETA is still 30 minutes early.
thansson
Site Admin

Re: Arrival Times and the PMDG 747

Post by thansson »

The Polar schedules are the real-world equivalent and should be fairly accurate. The charter times on the other hand are pure estimates based on magical numbers such as climb, speed etc. Maybe if you gave us a few examples of flights that are off, we could have a look. Also remember that all times posted are in UTC... Either way, you shouldn't ever have to slow down just to make an ETA that seems to be way off...
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
poliver

Post by poliver »

Thanks for that Tomas.

I've hit my max hours for now, but I'll get flight time info for the next few flights when I'm able to fly again.
Kevin Hester

Post by Kevin Hester »

Did PMDG ever update the 744s FMS with PTA? It would be hard to find a CI that would get you to the target ETA without doing a bunch of math.