Important FSUIPC update

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

jacques
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Important FSUIPC update

Post by jacques »

Just a heads up to everyone. On Peter Dowson's site today there is available an update for registered and unregistered users of FSUIPC ( that is all of us, I think! ) to ver 4.90. The security signature used by FSUIPC through GlobalSign was hacked and is being used in certain malicious applications, none having to due with FSUIPC itself or anything having to do with FSX, Prepar3d, etc.
Read the notice here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74354- ... r-systems/.
Get the update from here: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Jay
Covert53

Re: Important FSUIPC update

Post by Covert53 »

Looking for a little bit of knowledge from the smart folks here. I'm a died in the wool FS9 guy who is slowly making the move to FSX in order to fly the latest released from PMDG, etc. I own a registered version of FSUIPC for FS9 (ver 3.X). Per this post and as seen in other places I'm reinstalling/updated my versions of FSUIPC. The re-registration for FS9 went smoothly but I'm unable to use the key for registering the FSX version. I was assuming (apparently falsely) that once you purchase the full version of FSUIPC you are good to go for all versions of FS. But I am now have the opinion that I need to also purchase another registration to get full FSX functionality. Is that the case? Thanks in advance!
jacques

Post by jacques »

I'm not a registered user, but they are two different versions of FSUIPC, the one for FS9, the other for FSX. I know Simmarket does offer an upgrade special. But, yeah, you will need 4.xx for FSX.

Jay
PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Post by PKlijnstra »

And yes you will have to pay again for a registrated version of FSUIPC 4 for FSX if you hadn't done so. Those are two different things like Jay said. I had to pay again for both FSUIPC and wideFS when I made the switch.

Btw, FSX is also working with an unregistrated version as you probably would know.
Captain Peter Klijnstra