Bid process timings error

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

kevinh
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bid process timings error

Post by kevinh »

As it was my first time bidding I decided to open the bid form as soon as my time slot opened. According to the form my slot started at 20:03.40z, but when I tried to open a couple of minutes later the bid page said there was still 28 minutes to run, in other words my actual slot began at around 20:33Z. Looking at the page now, the times for the last two F/O's seem to be about 15 minutes behind schedule so it's not a constant difference. Is this opening time variation normal?
Kevin Hall #2875
thansson
Site Admin

Re: Bid process timings error

Post by thansson »

That code is really old (really, really old!) and it would take me a bit of effort to sort out why the times are different. A quick check confirmed that the server has correct time so that is not it. One thing to keep in mind is that the page doesn't update on its own so maybe a refresh will resolve some of the times. Unfortunately the bid doesn't run for me so I can't check the live page but I will attempt to recreate the problem in my test environment...
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
kevinh
Member with over 30 posts

Post by kevinh »

It's not a significant problem. It certainly isn't worth trying to debug as the system works, just not exactly to time. I was curious as it was my first bid round. Refreshing didn't make any difference by the way.

One thing that might be worth looking at is the screenshot slideshow on the home page. The Crew Center menu is hidden by that so I can only see the first five items. I have to go to another page to see that menu in full. I'm using Firefox BTW.
Kevin Hall #2875
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

kevinh wrote: One thing that might be worth looking at is the screenshot slideshow on the home page. The Crew Center menu is hidden by that so I can only see the first five items. I have to go to another page to see that menu in full. I'm using Firefox BTW.
It should work now, check it and let us know if it's fixed.

For users who use IE, the home page must now be viewed with Compatibility Mode off. If Compatibility Mode is on, everything below the slideshow will be missing.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725