unable to log onto server

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Gary
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Gary »

On attempt to log on 1 Nov I get a msg saying my account cannot be validated. Pilot number and password checks ok in User Setup but still no capability to logon.
Wonder if this may be reset at your end??
Thanks
Gary #1729
Volker Jacob
Site Admin

Re: unable to log onto server

Post by Volker Jacob »

Hm - same at me - will forward this issue to webmaster!
Sorry for bad English! - I'm not a man of many words!

BR
Volker
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

I have uploaded massive changes to the server this afternoon that I was hoping would be more or less transparent. Guess not...

I cannot reproduce the login issue. Do the following:
  1. Go to the Home page
  2. Log Out
  3. Clear cookies in your browser (all or just for GCVA if you know how)
  4. Log back in
I will monitor this thread so let me know here if that resolves the issue.
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
Gary

Post by Gary »

I did as requested w/ no success. Still get "Your account could not be validated. Communications with the Globe Cargo VA server will be inhibited."

TIA
Gary 1729
jacques

Post by jacques »

This occurred to me as well mid-flight. GCP 3.0.1 no longer recognizes me as a valid pilot. The flight logged okay, but I can't start another and the "edit profile" part of the website is down (maybe Tomas has taken it down temporarily?). I did a complete uninstall and re-install of GCP, and wiped the registry entries for GCP, but still no luck entering my details into GCP.

Jay P
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Cant log in to website here either ,have cleared cache cokies the whole lot but still get username/password not recognized or something

Terry

EDIT scrap that i have just managed to login to website was using wrong password :lol: :lol: :roll: :oops:
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

OK, two separate issues here. GCP login is not working right now. Justin knows about this and I just need to know which script is being called so that I can confirm what broke. I implemented a brand new backend database access protocol and tested everything ... except GCP I guess!

I also made some changes to the website authentication process in the way we store and process cookies. I am glad that the workaround of clearing the cookies in the browser is working.

Finally, the Edit Profile page was broken. I actually caught it and uploaded a fix before even reading the forums. I am actively monitoring the site and see any errors that pop up. If anything critical comes up then please email me at site_admin-at-globecargova-dot-org
cfi@globecargova.org
jacques

Post by jacques »

Tomas,

I deleted my installation of GCP because I thought maybe something had become corrupted on my computer, thus the notification I got mid-flight that my password was invalid. After a complete cleaning of the registry and a fresh install, bringing up GCP brings about the usual sequence of : 1) error downloading aircraft: pilot number or password contains no data. And all the other errors associated with no pilot data. So, go to tools/user setup and enter rank, name, pilot no., and password. Press validate, information box pops up saying that validation was not successful, pilot number and/or password is incorrect. I have gone back into the website, to the resurrected Edit Profile page and re-entered all the information. Still no luck. Cleared cookies and cache.

The message that came up during the flight was: please check that your pilot number and/or password is correct in user setup and retry. This is the same message I get as I close down GCP after having failed to get it to recognize my number or password. Hope this helps!

Jay P
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

jacques wrote:Press validate, information box pops up saying that validation was not successful, pilot number and/or password is incorrect.
Yep, I get the same behaviour on my end. I need to verify with Justin which script he is using on the server side to do the validation. In a holding pattern until he gets back to me.

Thanks for the info!!!
cfi@globecargova.org
jacques

Post by jacques »

Ok, sorry Tomas, I thought you needed someone to let you know what they were seeing! I completely misunderstood! Thanks to both of you for keeping on top of this stuff!

Jay P
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

OK, I believe I have tracked down the GCP issue. Give it a try and post the results.
cfi@globecargova.org
jacques

Post by jacques »

Tomas, looks good, everything was accepted by GCP, all the information (flights, aircraft, etc) is correctly loaded. Are you by any chance fixing some issues in the Polar open board flights? I can't seem to access that menu--everything else is fine!

Jay P
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

jacques wrote:Tomas, looks good, everything was accepted by GCP, all the information (flights, aircraft, etc) is correctly loaded. Are you by any chance fixing some issues in the Polar open board flights? I can't seem to access that menu--everything else is fine!

Jay P
Yeah! One bug fixed!! Nope, not doing anything with the menu. and I can't reproduce in Safari. My PC is shut down for the evening but I will try it in Chrome and IE tomorrow. Try clearing your cache to see if it helps...
cfi@globecargova.org
jacques

Post by jacques »

Okay, it is still up and runnng, so I'll give it a try and report back. Hopefully you can take tomorrow off!

Jay P
jacques

Post by jacques »

Tomas,

Well, it is still not working on my end. Both Google and Chrome, access is denied to the Polar Open Board. Browsing history and cookies were deleted. Maybe some sleep and you'll have it all figured out once you wake up? I'm in no rush and the board has been very quiet lately.

Jay P