Overspeed

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Edward_Arruda
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Overspeed

Post by Edward_Arruda »

For a long time on FSX I find the aircraft can go from a stable cruise to an overspeed in an instant. Along with that is an instantaneous wind direction change. I believe it is a software issue. What I would like to know is what others have experienced.
Brogs

Re: Overspeed

Post by Brogs »

Been caught out a time or two on FS9 with that little niggle,usually when i'm making a Coffee the missus says there,s a funny noise coming from the PC lol ,i'm at a loss as to what causes it.
Edward_Arruda

Post by Edward_Arruda »

I know after flying many hours in the real world that a good tailwind increases the ground speed not the airspeed. unless i am missing something.
Eugenio Leal/1878

Post by Eugenio Leal/1878 »

It is a software bug, It used to happen a lot to me when I was using FS9 but never on FSX
Member with over 30 posts

Post by 1691 »

Likely caused by a change in winds aloft by whatever weather program your using. If youre using an older version of Active Sky this will happen A LOT.
Allan Burek-1691
Coordinator, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
Brogs

Post by Brogs »

1691 wrote:Likely caused by a change in winds aloft by whatever weather program your using. If youre using an older version of Active Sky this will happen A LOT.
Everything I use is older Allan. lol
scott1976

Post by scott1976 »

This is a common problem in FS9 as well. One of my first flights with Globe Cargo resulted in an overstress of the aircraft due to a sudden change in the wind speed / direction. As Allan says this will be due to the real world weather being updated and within the space of a few seconds you have went from normal cruise to a sudden overspeed or stall. I resolved the issue using the smoothing function in FSUIPC
Attachments
FSUIPC.jpg
FSUIPC.jpg (66.24 KiB) Viewed 3366 times
Captain Scott Gavin
Pilot No. 2528
VATSIM No. 862885
UK NPPL
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi All,
Try Active Sky Next, it is very smooth, the problem will go away.
Regards,
Jerry Friz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates