Flying the 777

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

aaronstran
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Flying the 777

Post by aaronstran »

I am unable to purchase either of the 2 planes required. I wanted to see if I could fly the 777 for Titan for my monthly flights?
Brogs

Re: Flying the 777

Post by Brogs »

aaronstran wrote:I am unable to purchase either of the 2 planes required. I wanted to see if I could fly the 777 for Titan for my monthly flights?
Ask your Regional Manager, he would give you a definitive ruling on it I would have thought.
aaronstran

Post by aaronstran »

Regional manager? When I joined I got a short email with username and password. I never received the welcome letter that it said I would get.
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

Sorry for the confusion, Regional Managers are no longer a position that exists. In the past they would have been your first point of contact. The duties of the Regional Manager are now with the Director of Human Resources.

Unfortunately the policy in the Pilot Manual state this:
One of the following models is required to be legally owned and used by each member:
● PMDG 747-400
● PMDG 747-400F
● PMDG 747-400 LCF
● PMDG 747-8
● LDS 767
● CS 767
The reason for the requirement that members own one of the above models is that we are first and foremost a VA simulating Polar and Atlas Air. The above models are what Polar and Atlas actually operate. The *optional* list of models approved at GC are below:
Models that are approved and supported and are optional for members are:
● PMDG 777-200
● PMDG 777-200F
● PMDG MD-11F
● PMDG 737-800
● MJC DASH 8-400
The optional models are used in Titan charter operations with the objective of preventing your virtual flying from becoming stale. The models are here so you have some variety in aircraft.

There is a chance that the lists may shift, and in your favor in particular, but I need some verification on that which may take some time as it depends on real world actions.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725