Bidding preferences with the new website

Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

kevinh
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bidding preferences with the new website

Post by kevinh »

Bidding preferences sounds like a good idea, but it isn't working well for me. If I choose an aircraft type it shows me all the flights that week that are available, where the flights are to, but not where the flights are from unless you select one. If you don't want that flight then you have to clear that week and start again. Not helpful. You can of course select a departure airport in preferences but that is fixed for the whole bid. If you try and change preferences there's no way to get back to your partially complete bid.

It's OK if you only want to bid one flight, but a sequence isn't possible unless you are prepared to take pot luck with wherever each flight originates from. You can't save a partially complete bid.

If you don't use bid preferences the list shows everything about the flight apart from origin and you can't search or sort it. A way to filter this drop down list by aircraft type, origin and destination in the bid page itself would be a big step forward. Alternatively can this drop down please show the origin, destination and aircraft type on every line of the menu. Then you could scroll through the list and see exactly what you were selecting.
Kevin Hall #2875
PKlijnstra

Re: Bidding preferences with the new website

Post by PKlijnstra »

I agree with Kevin.

I couldn't select from where I would start. Only way is to select a flight to a destination and then just guess where it is coming from.

Last month was ok, this time the bidding process is a mess :(
Captain Peter Klijnstra

Bodo Mueller

Flight list no longer sorted by departure

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi there,

at this month bid period the flight lists were no longer sorted by departure airport as it was before. This is a pain as you only see the destination but do not know wehe this flight will depart!

As workaround I set some departure airports in the preferences but this is not good! Please make the lists sorted by departure airport again at next bid.
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
nolatron

Post by nolatron »

A bug with the drop down menus on the bid page was fixed yesterday and the Departure locations are now showing again.
Shaun Ortolano
kevinh

Post by kevinh »

It would still be much better if the flight details showed the departure field as well. On very busy airports with many outbound flights it's very easy to lose track of which airport the flights you are looking at are from. Also it's tedious to scroll through the entire flight list to find the departure airfield you want. If each line of the list showed both departure and destination it would be much easier to see where you are in the list.

The new website is great, booking charter flights is much easier but the flight bid system is still not very user friendly.
Kevin Hall #2875
nolatron

Post by nolatron »

kevinh wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:57 am
If each line of the list showed both departure and destination it would be much easier to
Something like this?

kevinh wrote:
Also it's tedious to scroll through the entire flight list to find the departure airfield you want.
With the departure location now in the listing, you can type in a airport name or identifier in the text field in the drop down menu to filter down the results to those with that text. That can help drill down flights to those departures. Though it will also include arrivals at that location as well since it's searching the entering line item for matching text.

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Shaun Ortolano
kevinh

Post by kevinh »

nolatron wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:06 pm
kevinh wrote:
If each line of the list showed both departure and destination it would be much easier to
Something like this?

kevinh wrote:
Also it's tedious to scroll through the entire flight list to find the departure airfield you want.
With the departure location now in the listing, you can type in a airport name or identifier in the text field in the drop down menu to filter down the results to those with that text. That can help drill down flights to those departures. Though it will also include arrivals at that location as well since it's searching the entering line item for matching text.

This is a big improvement, looking forward to trying it out next month. Thanks.
Kevin Hall #2875