Place general information and questions here

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

scott1976
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

iFly 747, Charter Flights and LOA

Post by scott1976 »

Hi folks, hope you are all well.

I'm looking for some clarification regarding the iFly 747 & Charter Flights. So long story short, I'm currently on my second Leave of Absence (LOA) due to technical issues. I'm now in a position where I've got my sim back and working but I don't have my aircraft (PMDG QOTS II). In a nutshell I fly using VR, so have always substituted detail for immersion and thus never moved from P3Dv3.4. As such PMDG have tried to get me back up and running again but with no luck, so we are putting it down to P3Dv3.4.
I do however have the iFly 747 which I have managed to install and still works. I noted in the pilots manual that charter flights using the iFly 747 can be flown. So my question is can I, for the moment, conduct such a flight to maintain my membership, which I would hope to do in the next day or so before my LOA is up at the end of this month (29th).

Thanks

Scott
Captain Scott Gavin
Pilot No. 2528
VATSIM No. 862885
UK NPPL
PKlijnstra

Re: iFly 747, Charter Flights and LOA

Post by PKlijnstra »

Hi Scott,

According to how I read it on page 6-2 of the pilot manual the iFly 737 and 747 are authorized to fly for all kind of flights.
The * means that support is not allways availible.

So to answer your question, yes it is allowed.
Captain Peter Klijnstra

scott1976

Post by scott1976 »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. My issue isn't whether the aircraft is authorised or supported, it's more to do with being required or optional. The PM states

At least one of the aircraft models noted as required must be legally owned and used by each member. These are the aircraft that are used for the required bi-monthly flight in the monthly bid system.

Any of the aircraft models noted as optional are for flights that use the charter system. Because the flights in the charter system are not required flights, neither are the aircraft that are used only in that system.

So in a nutshell I'm asking if I can use an optional aircraft (iFly 747) to conduct a charter flight in the hope that it counts towards the bi-monthly flight requirement and thus maintaining my membership...I'm probably thinking about it too hard.

This would give me a few more weeks to get my new PC built /setup and decide on P3Dv4 or 5. I'm thinking v5 but what's peoples thoughts?

Regards

Scott
Captain Scott Gavin
Pilot No. 2528
VATSIM No. 862885
UK NPPL
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Hi Scott,

I don't see the problem. As long as you're doing one flight in the 30 days its all good.

So I would say, yes you can :)
Captain Peter Klijnstra