Considering the switch to P3d

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nwadc10
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Considering the switch to P3d

Post by nwadc10 »

John Khan wrote:Hi

Further to my above, I put in a new folder to P3D and called it "Flight" because there wasn't one. GCP is now, - I hope, - connected.

I realize we have to repurchase the PMDG aircraft, but what about Flight 1? Unfortunately we can't afford anything else at this time so the GC flight bid might be postponed for a couple of weeks.

I have downloaded AS Next for P3D and put in the old FSX registration, that also worked OK. it has connected with P3D fine.

The other thing I can't find is the - scenery.cfg - which seems to be required for the FS Commander, (which I use for flight planning), to read the scenery in P3D.

Unfortunately with my vision problems, it is hard to search through forums for answers to some questions.

I'll keep trying and playing.
John,

The "Flights" folder is located here: C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files
Point GCP to that folder for the FSX Flights folder.

I also do not see a scenery.cfg file. I did a search on this issue and found this page, maybe it will help: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80179- ... load-link/

For the Flight 1 products, which specifically are you looking for in P3D?
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Thanks again Justin

BTW it still didn't work after entering that path , until I closed and re-opened GCP, then all went well.

Yes, it would be great to have a Browse to P3D.

I have re-purchased the iFly 747 and the King Air from Flight 1. and the Real Air Turbine Duke as it had an updated version. The PMDGs will have to wait for a while.

Also just BTW... I bid on a Polar flight from Sydney to Hong Kong for the second week in May. I think I did it right but there is nothing showing in the Route Assignments page.

Thanks again.
John
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Now I'm back to the FS Commander thing.

I have re-downloaded FSC 96, and installed it. Then the new DB Manager and put the necessary files into the P3D folder, but when I open the DB Manager, I can't get it to go to the scenerycfg.fsc as shown. It will not show any files like that, only the folders in P3D. I don't get it

Is there any other good program that I can use to work out flight plans because I am just about fed up with this one.