Windows 10 just killed my PMDG

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

jacques
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Windows 10 just killed my PMDG

Post by jacques »

After nearly a year of mostly trouble-free flying in FSX : SE and Windows 10, I am suddenly no longer able to run the PMDG 747X Load Manager. No matter my actions, I am not allowed to use the program, for my own protection. Seems as though my iteration of W10 has figured out that PMDG did not sign the Load Manager application for W 10! I even used the hidden admin to uninstall and then re-install the base 747-400X, and although everything works fine in that mysterious area of my computer, when I log out and back into my account, W10 blocks the load manager...just the load manager! I have to mention that before today, if I tried to run the load manager as an admin, it would throw the same message and not allow the program to run. If I just double clicked the icon (and left the admin behind) it ran fine. So strange. Any ideas?

I really dislike UAC, and I really detest Microsoft right now.
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Windows 10 just killed my PMDG

Post by esurfman »

Try TOPCAT, it is really nice for all airplanes, although with PMDG you have to load the fuel manually .

http://www.flightsimsoft.com/topcat/
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
nwadc10
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 just killed my PMDG

Post by nwadc10 »

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/ ... ducts.aspx

Take note of the note at the bottom. Did you upgrade to Win10 from a Win8 installl?
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725