TeamSpeak or Discord?

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Volker Jacob
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: TeamSpeak or Discord?

Post by Volker Jacob »

Hello Jerry,

that not only happen here at GCVA - DISCORD is the more modern communication client for Gamers at the moment that includes all features of Skype and Teamspeak. You also get FREE app for iOS and Android - that's one of the main reasons why people kick out TS3 (don't know how expensive the mobile TS3 client is?!?!?!)

If You have trouble with it, feel free to ask us !
Sorry for bad English! - I'm not a man of many words!

BR
Volker
Member with over 30 posts

Post by 2957 »

I agree with Jerry. TS3 does all i need.
Yorik Cade
Vice President
Captain
Pilot # 2957

nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

We have a lot of members on Discord now. It's not official just yet but I believe we are going to switch to Discord.

There are too many advantages to Discord over TS. The big one I see is the texting. You enter the server in the text message area and that's what many of us are doing, just chatting via text. People can get ahold of me or other admins via private text message with no effort. Want to use voice? No problem, just jump down to the voice channel. The voice is very clear and no hassle of setting up IP addresses and passwords, etc. Just follow the invite link and setup your PTT button if you want to use that method and that's about it...besides creating an account of course.

The Discord invite key link is in this post: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6393

I will create a Discord specific forum soon with the key link posted there.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725