Clarification on Aircraft Substitution

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

kdlovell
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Clarification on Aircraft Substitution

Post by kdlovell »

Hello All,

I'm new to the airline and planning my first flight for tonight. I'm a bit confused on when you can and can't substitute aircraft. I'm asking this for a couple of reasons. The first is that I noticed the aircraft assigned to a flight does not default in when you select your flight in ACARS. You are seemingly able to select any aircraft and tail number. The second reason that I am asking is that I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get my old LDS 767 operational in P3D.

I've seen posts in the forum indicating that you cannot substitute the 777 for the 747. I've also seen a post where it is OK to substitute the 747 or 777 for the 767.

So, all that said, I would like to know if I can substitute the 777 or 747 for 767 flights or if I am just limited to flights operated by the 777 and 747.

Thanks!

Keith Lovell
GAC 3194
Volker Jacob
Site Admin

Re: Clarification on Aircraft Substitution

Post by Volker Jacob »

Hello Keith,

the LDS 767 is now P3D compatible - You need the new installer from Flight1 -> http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ld767fsx

The substitution was temporary because there was no 747 available for P3D!
Sorry for bad English! - I'm not a man of many words!

BR
Volker