Prepar3d V4

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

khelm
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Prepar3d V4

Post by khelm »

Gentlemen and or ladies,

We are presently 2 days (May 30th) from release of the long awaited (8 years in the making or something like that), and highly anticipated 64-bit update of Prepar3d... Version 4!

In addition to 64-bit, it has some other updates. Things like dynamic lighting, new precip representation, Ultra High fidelity ground textures, the list goes on. Some preliminary details are listed in Foogle's news show from today.

PMDG has stated that anyone who owns the QoTSII, 777 or NGX gets a FREE upgrade to v4. Many other advanced developers, including Hifi for us AS16 users, have also stated that they are offering free upgrades. Word on the forums is some addons that don't rely on a 32-bit .dll (or something like that) seem to work right away i.e. stuff like scenery.

Pete Downson has stated he has a 64-bit version of FSUIPC working already, so hopefully that will be released same day, or shortly there after.

That kind of segues into a question for Justin. I know you're a busy man, but how much redevelopment do you think its going to take to get GCP compatible with v4? If I remember correctly GCP requires heavily on FSUIPC and I imagine we'd have to wait for that release. I'm not super knowledgeable on compatibility stuff, so idk if a 32-bit application can work/communicate with a 64-bit application or whatever.

Long story short, I'm super excited about the upcoming week. I don't think I've been this excited since the QoTSII came out.
"In Thrust We Trust"
Kevin Helmboldt
Pilot Number 1684
http://www.facebook.com/kevin.helmboldt
Volker Jacob
Site Admin

Re: Prepar3d V4

Post by Volker Jacob »

At the Moment I´m more than satisfied with my P3DV3, but i will move to V4 in a month or two, if all my purchased Addons run fine with V4.

GCP should work with the new FSUIPC .....................
Sorry for bad English! - I'm not a man of many words!

BR
Volker
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi All,
My P3D v3 is working just fine. But, I will be moving to v4, a few days after release. This is a long awaited FS platform. Simming,, gets better each day.
Jerry Friz, close to Ksea
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
khelm

Post by khelm »

One thing I have noticed with V4 is the friction bug still seems to be there even though LM said it should be gone. Pete said the paid version of FSUIPC doesn't have the .lua to fix it (yet) since he'd have to dig through the code or something like that, basically he may not be able to patch it at all... so that's annoying, for now.
"In Thrust We Trust"
Kevin Helmboldt
Pilot Number 1684
http://www.facebook.com/kevin.helmboldt