Greetings to Fellow Pilots

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

papilot312
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by papilot312 »

"Hi! I just wanted to take a quick moment and introduce myself around to you all, and I figured that the Pilots' Lounge is the perfect place for it. My name is Timothy Herman, and I am 21 years old. I have loved aviation all my life, and greatly enjoy FS2004. When I found out about the Ready for Pushback 742, I knew I had to have it. I do (of course), and I am enjoying it greatly even as I continue to learn and master the skills necessary to successfully pilot the ""Whale"". I also am a fan of Atlas Air (and by extension, Polar Air Cargo), through the pictures I've seen on <a href='http://www.airliners.net' target='_blank'>Airliners dot Net</a>. Well, more about me. I am single, and live in central Pennsylvania. I am not currently employed (due to a few health issues in the past, and lesser issues in the present), but am considering seeking employment in the medical field. My local airport is MDT (Harrisburg Int'l). I am not a pilot in real life, but hope to someday become one. I have had a few hours of semi-formal flight instruction, though. In junior high, I was a founding member of the school's aviation club and my teacher was a private pilot. Besides aviation, I am interested in computers, music, medicine (especially trauma and emergency medicine), forensics and forensic pathology, photography, reading, and animals (especially wolf, bison, elk, and white-tail deer). When I'm not flying, I'll either be online or watching TV (or both!), reading, or spending time with my family. I am going to be flying with you starting on the first Monday of September, flying PO708 from ORD to MIA. I will also be operating that flight on the fourth Monday of September as well. I look forward to getting to know and flying with all of you... Respectfully, Tim Herman"
globecar

Post by globecar »

"Let me be the first to welcome you to our fairly new airline and I am sure you will enjoy yourself around here. If you are getting impatient waiting for September to roll around, perhaps your regional administrators could break a few rules and get you a short flight with Atlas so you can get your feet wet."
dzollner

Post by dzollner »

"I've been waiting for that charter assignment for 2 days now, but saw that the NA/SA regionals are trying to get some things straightened out, so figure it'll show once they are."
esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

"Welcome abord Tim. <!--emo&:D-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> Hope you like it as much as I do. <!--emo&;)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> . As for the administrators, I can tell you they are working very hard and they reply very fast when you put a posting with a problem you have. Take care and enjoy. <!--emo&:lol:-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]<!--endemo-->"
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
papilot312

Post by papilot312 »

"Thank you for your welcomes, gentlemen! I am glad to be flying with you! As far as an Atlas charter...no, I think I'll wait for my scheduled Polar flight. Plus, my regional admins are quite busy getting used to their duties and so forth, so I don't mind waiting. I have other planes to fly...though I think the 742 is definitely my favorite aircraft. Especially the RFP 2nd Gen model. Tim"
snipe

Post by snipe »

"Welcome Tim. I'm sure you will enjoy youself here at Global. Ralph and others do a great job with the site and forum. It's good to have new people join up with fresh thoughts and questions. Don't forget to visit the main RFP website. There's a link on the first page of the global website. Lots of info regarding the Whale operation specifically. Great videos too. See ya, and have fun <!--emo&:D-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> . Mark Adams Pilot #1039"