Lack of Flights in/out of DOV (Dover AFB)

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

radarb8
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Lack of Flights in/out of DOV (Dover AFB)

Post by radarb8 »

Anyone else notice there are no flights for the whole month out of Dover.. :o Or was I just too late to get one? :roll:

My last month's bid flights leave me in Dover on the 27th and I genrally like to continue where I leave off, but next month I can't find a single flight out of Dover, for the whole month. :shock:

Has Dover become real popular by the VA members or are there just fewer flights in/out to chose from in real life?.. :wink: The schedule shows 9 departures every week. :? No Dover departures are available on the bid list (the one that I get to see.) :(

How can I get out of Dover and back into a contiguous set of flights..? :shock:
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Lack of Flights in/out of DOV (Dover AFB)

Post by 1691 »

Based on the fact that our VA schedule mirrors the real world schedule of both Polar and Atlas as close as possible, I'd venture to guess that there probably isnt many flights in or out of there this month.
Allan Burek-1691
Coordinator, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

Don't forget that you can view the entire contents of the polar flight database by going to Flight Ops->Polar->View Schedule. Here is the link directly to DOV: http://www.globecargova.org/Polar/view_ ... ?depart=88. There are still several flights out of DOV, looks like they've been tagged by others.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Hi Thomas,

you can also take an open board flight out of Dover, I saw at least three flights out of Dover. From there out you go further with your bid flights :D
Captain Peter Klijnstra

mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

There is only one flight out of DOV on the entire schedule next month, and I couldn't find any flight going into DOV. It looks like WRI is being used a lot instead.
Because this single flight does not appear repeatedly, it was treated as a one off and not included in the regular schedule.

If you really want it, you can ask Bryan Jones to create a charter flight. Here are the details:

5Y8061 DOV-JFK 0645-0805

This flight is shown on October 1 and does not appear again. I suspect it may be a repositioning flight.
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

radarb8 wrote: How can I get out of Dover and back into a contiguous set of flights..? :shock:
Get a flight here: http://www.globecargova.org/Polar/pilot_open_board.php and then go further from there.
There are three flights on the open board availible.
Captain Peter Klijnstra

radarb8

Post by radarb8 »

mlegein wrote:There is only one flight out of DOV on the entire schedule next month, and I couldn't find any flight going into DOV. It looks like WRI is being used a lot instead.
Because this single flight does not appear repeatedly, it was treated as a one off and not included in the regular schedule.

If you really want it, you can ask Bryan Jones to create a charter flight. Here are the details:

5Y8061 DOV-JFK 0645-0805

This flight is shown on October 1 and does not appear again. I suspect it may be a repositioning flight.

I'll take it! :D Thursday Oct 1 GTI8061 DOV-JFK 0645-0805 This will fit perfectly with the flights I've already bid for Oct.. (Starting the second week out of JFK)

Thanks to all for the links and suggestions, this flight was all that is needed to get me out of Dover on Oct 1st and back into the system. :lol:

Those other options would need to be flown within 48 hrs or so, I needed the First week in Oct. covered DOV to JFK... :P Otherwise I would had to "drive a car" or something to JFK :twisted: :shock:
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

You still need to get in touch with Bryan Jones and request that he create that flight in the Atlas charters (if you haven't done so already).
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA