Flight Times?

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Jason Thompson
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Flight Times?

Post by Jason Thompson »

Hi Gang,

Just somebody tell me if you should be doing your flight at the specified time it states when you book it?

Many Thanks

Jason Thompson
GTI2500
Regards

Jason
mav214

Re: Flight Times?

Post by mav214 »

Jason,

Setup your flight in Flight Simulator with the time of the flight you took.
raa57

Post by raa57 »

mav214 wrote:Jason,

thts true mike but i do a lot off cross atlantic flights and incase ATC decide to show up and i have to postion report i find it easier to have FS set to realtime as in zulu+1 in the UK for me as that is what VATSIM ATC use and it makes postion reporting so much easier.

i realise people have written small programs that can convert the time for us but i just rather do it that way myself.

regards terry
Jason Thompson

Post by Jason Thompson »

mav214 wrote:Jason,

John,

You have confused me slightly by your reply :? I'll enclose an example then I might understand it better. I booked TAY047 yesterday and the times where EBLG 1050 - VHHH 2300 so I set my FS Time to 1050 even though it was evening in UK, so was I correct in setting my FS Time to 1050?

Though what Terry has said is a valid point about having the correct time when crossing Atlantic incase ATC do show up then your going to be very confused by the giving the times for the position reports. good point Terry :D :D :D :D

Rgds

Jason
Regards

Jason
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

You're right Jason, FS time set to 1050 is the right way.

As for vatsim ATC, what's so hard to look right under in your screen and see what's the real time. You know what your time is comparing to Zulu or not? I don't see that problem :D
Just a little calculation and comparing flight time with the real time :?:
Captain Peter Klijnstra