Atlas's 4th 8f, N853GT in service

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Saul Galeno

Re: Atlas's 4th 8f, N853GT in service

Post by Saul Galeno »

Taking the Ken's post, I have not seen any flight with 748, until I saw that one is stopped in Leipzig and one in Amsterdam.

Any particular reason?

Cheers,
Jason Thompson
Member with over 30 posts

Post by Jason Thompson »

Saul,

I've seen N850GT in Stansted does look nice, and I've seen them plotting on Flightradar24.

Regards

Jason
Regards

Jason
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

And don't forget there's N851GT and N852GT out there too.
Saul Galeno

Post by Saul Galeno »

Hi guys,

I've been following them on FlightAware and Flightradar24... a pity that they still cannot operate in Brazil.

:cry:
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Actually it's their 7th - 8f. I wasn't including the 3 that were leased to Global Supply System on a 5 year term - In November 2011 they received one 8f (G-GSSD) and two more aircraft were delivered during December (G-GSSE & G-GSSF)

http://www.gssair.co.uk/news.html

Atlas Air Worldwide Takes Delivery of Seventh Boeing 747-8 Freighter
Placed into Service with DHL Express

Thursday, December 06, 2012 -- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: AAWW), a leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services, today announced that it has taken delivery of its seventh Boeing 747-8 Freighter aircraft and placed it into service with DHL Express.

This aircraft will be operated by Atlas Air Worldwide's unit, Atlas Air, Inc., in the Polar Air Cargo Worldwide express network under an ACMI arrangement for the benefit of DHL Express and Polar's other customers commencing immediately. It joins Atlas Air's sixth 747-8F aircraft, which began service for DHL Express in October. These aircraft are the first of their type to be flown for DHL Express and will operate in DHL's Asian and transpacific markets. The newest aircraft replaces a Boeing 747-400 Freighter previously in service for DHL Express.

Atlas Air expects to receive two additional 747-8Fs in the first half of 2013, for a total of nine aircraft, completing the delivery of its order program.
DHG750R

Post by DHG750R »

for those who have not seen this bird, it is painted in the Polar/DHL hybrid colors. It's a sharp looking bird.

delivery flight to CVG
http://paineairport.com/kpae5696.htm
Darrell Gordon
Globe Cargo 1557
Jason Thompson

Post by Jason Thompson »

Darrell,

Very nice picture :))

Rgds

Jason
Regards

Jason
Ken S

Post by Ken S »

Last two 8f's for Atlas on the flightline, they are c/n 37566 & 37567 - both in Atlas colors.

http://paineairport.com/kpae5783.htm