First Leg, First Flight

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

BarryTheAviator
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by BarryTheAviator »

"Well I have just completed the first leg of my first flight - all seemed to go OK apart from an apalling take off (nearly stalled) <!--emo&:wub:-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> and a just about OK landing at Seoul. Long way tho - across the plains of Russia, not exactly enthralling scenery hidden under a blanket of equally uninteresting cloud. FSAcars all seemed to work OK but nothing recorded against my hours yet - I assume that there is a ""batch"" update of FSAcars data and my flight hasn't yet been processed, if it is not there within an hour or so i'll get onto my regional admin to find out what I have done wrong. Hopefull I have a saved copy of the flight log. Good sleep after a good meal (always fancied a canine curry or is that just rumour?) and final short hop to Taipei tomorrow. I'd love to know what is in all those crates marked ""machine parts"" tho ..... <!--emo&;)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> Barry 1133"
CraigM

Post by CraigM »

"<!--QuoteBegin-BarryTheAviator+Nov 15 2004, 12:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BarryTheAviator @ Nov 15 2004, 12:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->FSAcars all seemed to work OK but nothing recorded against my hours yet - I assume that there is a ""batch"" update of FSAcars data and my flight hasn't yet been processed, <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> At the end of the flight, did you send the log? You have to stop the log, accept the flight, then send the log. Once you do that your hours will should be immediately reflected."
BarryTheAviator

"Yep - stopped log and accepted flight - I did check with the ""Live Acars"" web page during the flight and my updates were being shown OK. Looks like I must have forgotten something tho' <!--emo&:angry:-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]<!--endemo-->"
CraigM

Post by CraigM »

"<!--QuoteBegin-BarryTheAviator+Nov 15 2004, 12:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BarryTheAviator @ Nov 15 2004, 12:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yep - stopped log and accepted flight - I did check with the ""Live Acars"" web page during the flight and my updates were being shown OK. Looks like I must have forgotten something tho'  <!--emo&:angry:-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> [right][snapback]2114[/snapback][/right] <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> ..and after accepting the flight. You need to press the ""Send Log"" button."
Last edited by CraigM on Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarryTheAviator

"<!--QuoteBegin-CraigM+Nov 15 2004, 04:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CraigM @ Nov 15 2004, 04:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->..and after accepting the flight.  You need to press the ""Send Log"" button. [right][snapback]2115[/snapback][/right] <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Sorry I missed that bit out - I am sure i did but can't argue with the fact that it isn't showing - i'll send a copy to European Admin - I hope they can fix it - (10 hour flight)"
CraigM

Post by CraigM »

"<!--QuoteBegin-BarryTheAviator+Nov 15 2004, 12:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BarryTheAviator @ Nov 15 2004, 12:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Sorry I missed that bit out - I am sure i did but can't argue with the fact that it isn't showing - i'll send a copy to European Admin  - I hope they can fix it - (10 hour flight) [right][snapback]2116[/snapback][/right] <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> I'm sure they can help you out. Take care!"
Davest

Post by Davest »

"Hey, think yours must of been the flight I watched over Russia last night while at work, thanks for the entertainment. Which airport did you take off from? Was it Amsterdam? Congrats on your first flight, I'm still coming to grips with this incredible 742 before trying for an appication to this VA. Great following the flights though. Cheers, "
BarryTheAviator

"<!--QuoteBegin-Davest+Nov 16 2004, 09:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Davest @ Nov 16 2004, 09:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey, think yours must of been the flight I watched over Russia last night while at work, thanks for the entertainment. Which airport did you take off from? Was it Amsterdam? Congrats on your first flight, I'm still coming to grips with this incredible 742 before trying for an appication to this VA. Great following the flights though. Cheers, [right][snapback]2127[/snapback][/right] <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Took off from Liege - runway just about consumed when the wheels lifted off - very close to MTOW for this long flight - nearly 135 tons of fuel - no wonder they call this beast the ""Whale"". Persevere with this aircraft and the CIVA Inertial Navigation System - hard to learn but really rewarding. Hope to see you soon in the Crew Room! "