GCA pirep

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

jfriz
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

GCA pirep

Post by jfriz »

Hello,
Sometimes the pirep works, other times it does not. I am using P3D v4.2, The pirep shows up in the log book.
Question? Is ther a way I can file a manual pirep? Have tried the tool, pirep, get an error.
Thanks,
Jerry Friz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
Christian Alton

Re: GCA pirep

Post by Christian Alton »

Try updating FSUIPC to the most recent version if you don't already have it.
Christian Alton - 1981
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Christian, thanks. I think I am up to date, but will check. I did 2 flights, first one was okay, second one just a day later resulted in an error.
Jerry Friz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

My FSUIPC, did need an update. On a flight now.
Jerry Friz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi All,
I updated the FSUIPC, also re-installed P3D v4.2. Now on my third good flight.
Jerry Fr iz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Folks,
I flew 3 good flights, then the 4th did not respond, flew the flight again, looked good, but got a flight reset. Both flights show in my logbook. Flight GTI 8599.
Jerry Friz
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

Brian Smith 1544
Member with over 10 posts

Post by Brian Smith 1544 »

I have the same issue with P3Dv4.2 and the GCPirep. The auto save kills my system and I am using SSDs, so it’s not a read/write speed issue at all. No idea why, so I autosave but only hourly. When I end the flight, it almost Always gives an error with the Continue/Quit option. Almost every time i can just restart it and send the pirep, but it is annoying. I have the latest fsuipc installed. No idea. I suspect it’s a 32 bit in a 64 bit environment, but who knows. I’m no expert
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

If you are autosaving when using PMDG models, the pause during the save is on PMDG's end. I don't know how it works under the hood but my guess is that PMDG pauses the sim in order to save all their data at a static state. If the pausing occurs on other aircraft then there's some other issue going on.

GCP invokes FS's internal flight saving function when it triggers an autosave. It also saves it's own data at the same time so the flight can be loaded in GCP later if needed. There isn't much data being saved for GCP itself.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725