GCVA Pilot survey

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

What would you improve at GCVA?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Please answer the question via replying to the forum post labeled "GCVA Pilot Survey."
100%
Appreciate your time and constructive feedback. Cheers
No votes

Total votes: 4
Member with over 10 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

GCVA Pilot survey

Post by 3375 »

Fellow GCVA Pilots -

Please take a moment and answer the following question so we may better serve you.

"What would you improve at GCVA?"

Post your response via replying to this message.

Thank you for your candid and constructive feedback.

GCVA Management
James "Danny" Hull, Captain

Stephen Ellis

Re: GCVA Pilot survey

Post by Stephen Ellis »

I am pretty new here so trying to find things out as I go along.
If I had to be pinned down to things straightaway.

I would like to see some new repaints for the NGXU if possible.
Simbrief integration into the website.
Addition of an Airbus for the Titan Division
mmeadows1988

Post by mmeadows1988 »

Pretty new to the site as well but enjoying it.

* Would love to see PMDG Global Flight Ops integrated when it arrives. I'm not sure of the details of everything yet, but i've heard they'll have some VA integration built in.
* As always updates to the website would be nice.
* Looking forward to the dispatch center.

Just my two cents coming from a newbie.

Thank you for having me!
Last edited by mmeadows1988 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Meadows
PIlot ID#3367
JorgeGibin

Post by JorgeGibin »

Hello, I think VA is really cool, I would like to see a modernized operational dispatch area, with integrations such as Simbrief for example, the option to choose the aircraft for the flight. Of the rest I believe that everything is fine. And thanks for opening this space for new suggestions! :D :D
Mario Hodges

Post by Mario Hodges »

I’ve been involved in flight simulation for more than a decade and I struggled to find a community that shares similar values of how to run a virtual operation. I’m very impressed with GCVA for its maturity and emphasis in realism (probably because it’s runned by more mature folks). One suggestion that I would like to make is the possibility of bidding for sectors instead of one route. For example it would be nice to bid for one sector (i.e PANC-RKSI-PANC) or different sectors for the month. Implementing sectors would be more coherent if pilot bases are enforced. For example, pilots based at KMIA can only bid sectors out of KMIA etc. Pilots bases can be requested depending of seniority (just like real life). Other than that, I’m happy for being part of GCVA. Keep the good work! :D
Mario Hodges 3381
GMTT
GTI1643
Member with over 30 posts

Post by GTI1643 »

Here are a few suggestions I have on improving the experience at GCVA.

1. More Charter Flights and the ability to fly and log real-world flights that may not be on the schedule but can be verified as a real route on various flight tracking websites. Cargo flying can be very dynamic and its understood that the flight board on the website may not capture all of the real-world flying opportunities. Perhaps a bit of flexibility in this area can allow for more flights that mimic real-world operations.

2. Updated Website. This might be a large undertaking but this site has been the same since I joined many years ago. While it serves its purpose well, I think a facelift might be a nice way to keep the VA going from 2020 onward.

3. Revisit the Titan Aviation division. While I like the idea of having more options, the flight board and fleet for this division could be improved or allow for more flexibility.
At present, the Titan leased fleet in the real-world shows as the 777-200F, 767-300F, 757-200F, 737-800F and the 737-300F. Perhaps this fleet line up can be kept for Titan Freighter flights and the passenger flights can be revamped with a more simple but stylish private aircraft styled livery that can be added to the QW787, PMDG 737 and the Leonardo Maddog MD-80 series. Perhaps later on when a few more business jets are released, one or two can be added to offer a bit more diversity with chartered passenger flights.

4. Since the real-world Atlas Air/ Polar and Southern Air seem to use KG for their weights, this should also be indicated on the flight board instead of LBS. If any of their aircraft uses LBS units, this can perhaps be indicated to add to the realism.

5. I'm not sure how others may feel about this, but apart from simulating the real-world operations of Atlas, Polar and Southern Air, how about including one more such as Kalitta Air since their fleet type is exactly the same (767, 777 and 747)? While the fleet is the same, the flight options can be a bit more varied.

This is all I can think of for now and I'm sure others will have more suggestions.
Marlon Carter

Jamal_Pratt

Post by Jamal_Pratt »

- New and modern website
- SOP’s and Training Program
- Dispatch Integrations
- I would love to see the panel state sharing working again
TFOH

Post by TFOH »

Hello,

Thank you for this great VA and the opportunity to share our opinion.

I would like to see:
- Simbrief Integration
- our RW counterpart is operating many adhoc flights; would be great to have an opportunity to fly them based on what we find on the different tracking apps as charter flights
- share the cockpit status of PMDG after parking for the next flight

What I like especially:
- the maintenances logbook before and after the flight is giving a very nice touch
- the possibility to use time acceleration during cruise giving me the Opportunity to conduct long haul flight

Many thanks
Thomas
Thomas Foh
Globe Cargo 3312
GER
chevol

Post by chevol »

Thank you for the survey. I would like more diverse routes for Atlas charters and Titan, particularly short and medium ones for 738, Dash 8, in Europe and elsewhere of course.
Another thing, it would be nice if one forum was centralizing some suggestions of videos, articles pertaining to our activities.

Cheers
Luc
Luc Chevol-Voeltzel
pilot #1196
Geneva, Switzerland

ImageImage
Brian Swintal - 1809

Post by Brian Swintal - 1809 »

I would love to have actual MELs on the planes. Allen does a great job with his maintenance and logbook entries. I love to look through them before I fly. It would be nice to have some items deferred (APU, BLEED, Pack) for the flight that would need us to do certain things on the plane if we'd like to.

I'd like to see a more realistic flight schedule. There are ALOT of flights flown by Atlas, Polar and Southern Air that are not on our lists. I know a fully realistic schedule isn't possible due to the nature of cargo and charter ops. Like last night I saw a Southern Air DHL and an Atlas Air flight depart ORD yet these don't appear on any of our schedules.
Brian Swintal
cyrille de lattre
Member with over 10 posts

Post by cyrille de lattre »

Good morning,

A link between the PMDG flight ops and our VA would be awesome, as well as cargo load generator given by dispatch.

The possibility to bid by sector would be great too, as most of the time I try to bid way in and out from destination.

A recurrent training program would be a must, but at least if we could have program and appropriate training to maintain recent flight experience and eligibility for CAT II and III ops, plus GNSS or RNAV approaches, would be also awesome, as well as a company policy for hand flying, not to loose any flying skills.

Otherwise, pretty much have been said by others.

Thanks again for time and dedication

Cyrille de LATTRE 1711
Cyrille de Lattre
Pilot#1711
mattch49

Post by mattch49 »

I'll echo what others have said, having been a member since 2004... the following are my thoughts as well on what should be prioritized:

1. Website Modernization - it's true, it hasn't changed all too much since 2004, it serves it's purpose well but a facelift would do wonders. Perhaps an integration with VATSIM SSO as well, and a public homepage with most items being hidden until signed in.

2. Training Program - I'd love to see us offer some training to pilots that wish to better understand their aircraft, though most probably watch tutorials on YouTube, maybe there would be an internal interest in this?

3. SimBrief Integration - Very common today across many VA's - would definitely recommend implementing, let me know how I can help import tail number data, etc...

4. Dispatchers - I'm happy to see this being integrated, I'm a dispatcher, and was one at Atlas Air for 2 years before moving to UPS. I'm ready to help out in this regard as well.

5. Schedule Cleanup (Classic Fleet remains) - Would love to see our schedule mesh with the real-world ADHOC more accurately, I know Darrell is probably the only one here that could really make this happen.

On that note, I would implore that the Classic fleet remain, the 727s were great, the 747 Classic is what this VA was built on.

We have 2 amazing representations coming out for both X-Plane and P3D/MFS2020 (?) - I am on the Just Flight beta team for their 747-200 and am impressed, though development is taking a while, it is very active... and that is a good thing. The Felis 747 Classic is also moving along at a great pace, and though the Freighter variant won't be out at release, it is coming, I would like to see a return of this airframe once these products are released.
Joseph Chamberlain - #2335

nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

Thank you to everyone who has responded. Keep them coming! We continue to monitor this topic and I expect to be discussing a lot of these ideas at the next Admin meeting.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

Volker Jacob
Site Admin

Post by Volker Jacob »

mattch49 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:06 am
..... Perhaps an integration with VATSIM SSO as well, and a public homepage with most items being hidden until signed in...
.... VATSIM SSO requires that every Pilot need to be an active VATSIM member ....
Sorry for bad English! - I'm not a man of many words!

BR
Volker
mattch49

Post by mattch49 »

Volker Jacob wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:49 am
.... VATSIM SSO requires that every Pilot need to be an active VATSIM member ....
True, I wonder though how many of us are not VATSIM members. Or perhaps it could just be an option, BAV currently has it implemented this one on their new site, it's nice and easy.
Joseph Chamberlain - #2335