Fuel Stops

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Jason Rainsford
Member with over 10 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Fuel Stops

Post by Jason Rainsford »

Hi, could someone please advise how to correctly set up a fuel stop so I do not lose the PREP for landing at the wrong airport? I've got an ultra-long haul to cover almost 16 hours in the B74F - YSSY - KMIA - and the range exceeds to envelop - I internd to fuel stop at Tahiti Faa'A Airport NTAA which is en route. I need to fly it today or be penelised. If I enter take off as YSSY En Route as NTAA and destination KMIA in the alternate section - is that correct? Thanks Jason
Bodo Mueller
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Fuel Stops

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi,

in GCP you enter YSSY KMIA. Then you use RTE1 and RTE2 in the FMC to fly from YSSY to NTAA and NTAA to KMIA. You should not loose your Pirep after landing and another takeoff. :)
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
Jason Rainsford

I think I will sub a B748 after rechecking PM:

Aircraft Type Substitution

the assigned aircraft is not capable of completing the flight segment in one leg.○ Note: it is not unheard of for real world flights to require a tech stop (fuel stop.) These flights will take more than one leg to complete a flight segment and this alone does not create an unrealistic operation.
Bodo Mueller
Member with over 30 posts

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi,

I also picked this flight one time and used a 748F for a nontsop flight. :D I already suggested to Atlas charter department to change the the equippment to a 748 but they did not like it that much. :lol:

Flightplanning was done with PFPX for a good nonstop dispatch.
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
Jason Rainsford

SOP also says:

Plan your route● You may use a number of other freeware and payware route planning software. With a long flight and heavy cargo load, a fuel stop may be required. You are the Pilot in Command and you may make the decision to stop short of your final destination to refuel then continue to the final destination. This is perfectly acceptable and no notification to management is required
Jason Rainsford

..question is how to properly
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

When a fuel stop is needed, both legs will be treated as 2 completely different flights. GCP will be setup as Departure - Tech Stop as destination. Fly it, submit the PIREP. Reload GCP and set the departure as the tech stop and destination as your original destination. For your specific example, Leg 1 is setup as YSSY-NTAA, fly it, send PIREP. Leg 2 is setup NTAA-KMIA, fly it, send PIREP. Be sure to enter into PIREP comments that you did a tech stop.

A sub-topic is what if you have to divert on a flight. In that case you'd follow the same general procedure in that it's broken into 2 separate flights. However, the only thing different is you need to got into GCP, change the destination to your diversion airport and click the Update Dep/Dest button to force the change thru the systems.

If this was a Charter board flight the system is smart enough to look over the last couple of pireps and see that it was a flight that completes that charter and will still automatically confirm completion. It's been a while but the system may look back 3 flights in the event you had a tech stop plus a diversion.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725