Flight Operations - Update July 2020

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Jamal_Pratt
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Flight Operations - Update July 2020

Post by Jamal_Pratt »

It’s been some time since the last update and I wanted to give a quick update on some behind the scenes work, also I want to touch on some of the broader plans I have for the flight department.

House Cleaning
Essentially when I moved into the Flight Department leadership position I picked up what Danny had already started. Over the past few weeks The flight ops department has been working with HR to revamp our hiring and on-boarding process and IOE (initial operating experience). That process is in the final stages and will be rolled out soon. You may have also seen that our roster has aggressively gotten smaller. We place special emphasis on quality not quantity and we value each and every member on our roster. Thank you for your continued support.

Captain Upgrades
In April and May we ran the first captain upgrades in some time as we picked up our activity levels. Congratulations to the newCaptains. When you see them on the line give them a pat on the back. We will continue to run upgrade classes through out the year as we continue to assess the needs of the flight department.

Flight Department Documentation
Over the past few months I have begun working on updating our fltops documents. Checklist, FOM, SOP’s and Special airports are all in the works. It is all a work in progress as our current documents are outdated or non-existent.

Fleet Evaluations / Type ratings
As I mentioned in the beginning of this update I have some bold ideas to set our virtual airline apart. We have always tried to keep realism of operations as goal to consistently strive for. I will be working with other members of staff to evaluate our fleet and park planes that have high cycles on them to encourage some of our other planes to be flown. This should cut down on MX request :D. I’ll also be proposing type ratings that pilots can earn. This will of course be voluntary. More information on what that will look like will be released as more information is developed.

Training Department
This has been a much requested feature, while we do have a pseudo training department in our (IOE process) I hope to build upon this by adding courses that pilots can take on anything from Aircraft systems, Operational standard, to international oceanic operations. More to follow!

That’s the bulk of the updates, but it’s been some time since Danny put out the last update. I look forward to bringing the best programs to you guys. This is an amazing hobby we have and Globe Cargo has provided a home for virtual pilots for over 16 years.

Blue skies!

Jamal Pratt
Vice President Flight Operations.
Globe Cargo Virtual