Introducing myself

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Cesar Cremonesi 3518
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Introducing myself

Post by Cesar Cremonesi 3518 »

Hello everybody!

I'd like to introduce myself over here. Cesar Cremonesi, 47, from Brazil, born and raised in Campianas, land of the almighty Brazilian cargo hub Viracopos SBKP.

Not to extend myself too much, I have 20 and some years in Flight Sim, currently flying the PMDG 747-8 after a decade of 737-700 and -800.

This is the first time I join a Virtual Airline and it is a real pleasure it is about Atlas and Polar. (currently on my way to Miami from Lima on GTI64)

My first sight of a 747 was in Viracopos in the early 80s, my father departing to Germany on a Lufthansa 747. Love at this very first sight.

Later in my years, a Polar 747 used to gimme good mornings while approaching Viracopos around 7 am. For many years Viracopos was a 95% cargo airport, with Guarulhos SBGR coming to play.

Fast forward a notch and in my early professional years I was fortunate enough to travel around Brasil every single week. Two flights at least. 737-200, -300 -500 -700 -800 767, A300, A320 A319 Brasilia EMB120 Fokker-100 and some more I guess.

Nowadays I have the pleasure of sighting Atlas Air every now and then here in Campinas, so I decided to fly its routes and found this VA.

My first flight on a 747-400 was in 2002 from Guarulhos to Amsterdam so now you can imagine my sadness on seeing the Queen been thrown away for the modern twin engines. Well, I guess that day would come and the pandemics accelerated many long term trends.

Maybe the history of Viracopos had me interested in the Freighters and why not, become a Virtual Freight Dog myself. :lol:

Safe flights to you all!
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-21 at 15.28.27.jpeg
PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Re: Introducing myself

Post by PKlijnstra »

Hi Cesar,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here. I'm pretty sure you will like it here :D

Nice pic at the end.
Captain Peter Klijnstra

Cesar Cremonesi 3518

Post by Cesar Cremonesi 3518 »

Thanks Peter.

Very nice schedules to fly. So at least no more "where to?" LOL.
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

Hi Cesar!

Welcome to GCVA and I enjoyed your story. I'm glad you landed here and if you have an issue don't hesitate to reach out to the staff!
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725