Some more TITAN CS 767...

Post your Globe Cargo Screen Shots Here . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Bodo Mueller
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Some more TITAN CS 767...

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi there,

the entire TITAN 767-fleet for the Captain Sim model is now finished. N607TA was touched up also, so you should download it again once it comes
available together with the other liveries. The Cargo stuff is updated also together with individual SelCal codes in the VC and night textures. All liveries match the details once previously done for the LDS model.

N604TA

N605TA Look at the reflected tail logo on the aft tail part:

Titan logo and Globe Cargo-logo inside

Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
raa57

Re: Some more TITAN CS 767...

Post by raa57 »

Great job as usual Bodo :D Looking good

just one small point is i see the selcal for 607 is TA-H7,what i dont understand is i thought all selcal codes had to use pairs of letters that are always ascending ,ie AB-DF,CF-EP and not descending like BA-RP,and always using letters instea of numbers.

when i fire up FS-INN it will not let me enter my selcal as TA-H7

So if i am right then TA is wrong and so is H7,but i will need to do soon digging to make sure

Will post back when i find out more info

Regards Terry
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Yep i though i was right

What is a selcal code?

The selcal code is the what makes the paging system function. A selcal code is made up of two 2-letter pairs between the letters A to S in the alphabet (the letters I, N and O are not used). The first letter of each pair must be earlier in the alphabet that the second letter and duplicate letters are not permitted (although there are a very small number of exceptions) thus giving a total of 10,920 unique codes.

Examples of valid codes : AB-CD, AS-BR, CK-DJ, MR-EQ, RS-GH
Examples of invalid codes : BA-CD, JG-MR, CK-JD, KE-AF, BG-GS

Each letter of the selcal code corresponds to a frequency in the audio range.

Alpha - 312.6 Hz
Bravo - 346.7 Hz
Charlie - 384.6 Hz
Delta - 426.6 Hz
Echo - 473.2 Hz
Foxtrot - 524.8 Hz
Golf - 582.1 Hz
Hotel - 645.7 Hz
India - not used
Juliet - 716.1 Hz
Kilo - 794.3 Hz
Lima - 881.0 Hz
Mike - 977.2 Hz
November - not used
Oscar - not used
Papa - 1083.9 Hz
Quebec - 1202.3 Hz
Romeo - 1333.5 Hz
Sierra - 1479.1 Hz

All taken from here http://www.selcalweb.co.uk/faq.html

Maybe a little touching up to do Bodo :D

Regards Terry
Bodo Mueller

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi Terry,

selcal codes actually have no function in FS therefore I picked fictive codes. :) They might use any at VATSIM I do not know. However, in real life every aircraft has a unique selcal code which is displayed somewhere at the panel. For those TITAN aircraft there are no valid selcal codes specified. Maybe that would be a job for the 767 chief pilot. :D I think it is boring to use AB-CD, AS-BR, CK-DJ, MR-EQ, RS-GH any time for several aircraft.

However, if you guys think we should place valid codes so please tell me 7 codes which are not yet used in the GC fleet and I will update the particular VC texture. :wink:
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Hi Bodo ,

Yep your right selcal has nothing to do with FS itself,but they do use it on vatsim at least over the atlantic i have heard it although never got a chance to use it myself yet,

Strange thing was the last time i heard it on vatsim the other pilot contacted Gander oceanic and then Gander said they were going to test the selcal which they did and the pilot came back on saying he received it fine,what i didnt understand was i was able to hear it too,
I was always under the impression if ATC used selcal to contact an aircraft only that aircraft would be able to hear it in the cockpit as the selcal unit will reject the signal if it doesnt match the code in your receiver,so only the aircraft with that certain code should hear it,maybe its a limitation of fsinn or SB im not sure will need to find out about that.

From what i have read up on it appears that they only use the letters A-O and dont use I,N,O which gives them possibility of around 10920 unique codes,which means that more than one aircraft can have the same code which is why ATC nowadays make sure both the callsign and selcal are correct to make sure it is the right aircraft that responds

It seems most of the TITAN aircraft have the selcal AB-CD for some reason.

I personally dont fly the CS767 as i have the LDS so am not that bothered if it gets changed or not,dont want to cause you more work than is nessescary :D

But if you did feel bored one day Bodo i looked up a few that i dont think are in Globes fleet ,its almost impossible to find codes that arent already in use,out of 7 i only found one but didnt search for that long as it wasnt that important

Heres the 7
GH-FK
GH-FL
GH-FM
GH-FP
GH-FQ
GH-FR
GH-FS

And heres the details of each code and which aircraft uses it today in real life..

GH-FK
GH-FL
GH-FM
GH-FP
GH-FQ
GH-FR
GH-FS

Seems the titan reg nos N601TA-N607TA dont through up any selcal codes

I will leave it up to yourself and management dept to decide if you want to change them or not :D :D

Regards Terry
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Terry, the following from Wiki:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In international aviation, SELCAL or SelCal is a selective-calling radio system that can alert an aircraft's crew that a ground radio station wishes to communicate with the aircraft. SELCAL uses a ground-based encoder and radio transmitter to broadcast an audio signal that is picked up by a decoder and radio receiver on an aircraft. The use of SELCAL allows an aircraft crew to be notified of incoming communications even when the aircraft's radio has been muted. Thus, crewmembers need not devote their attention to continuous radio listening.

So you can hear them talking but not the audio signal.

Regards,
Captain Peter Klijnstra

Bodo Mueller

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Okay it is done and textures send to Michel.
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
raa57

Post by raa57 »

PKlijnstra wrote:Terry, the following from Wiki:

In international aviation, SELCAL or SelCal is a selective-calling radio system that can alert an aircraft's crew that a ground radio station wishes to communicate with the aircraft. SELCAL uses a ground-based encoder and radio transmitter to broadcast an audio signal that is picked up by a decoder and radio receiver on an aircraft. The use of SELCAL allows an aircraft crew to be notified of incoming communications even when the aircraft's radio has been muted. Thus, crewmembers need not devote their attention to continuous radio listening.

Regards,
Thanks Peter ,yeh thats how i understand it but i think i just made a mess of trying to explain it in my previous post :?
Oh and Happy belated birthday by the way :D

And sorry to cause you any extra work Bodo ,but cool to see you have it sorted already :wink:

cheers guys

Terry
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

raa57 wrote:
PKlijnstra wrote:Terry, the following from Wiki:

Regards,
Thanks Peter ,yeh thats how i understand it but i think i just made a mess of trying to explain it in my previous post :?
Oh and Happy belated birthday by the way :D

And sorry to cause you any extra work Bodo ,but cool to see you have it sorted already :wink:

cheers guys

Terry
Thanks Terry, much appreciated :D
Captain Peter Klijnstra

jcwaugh747

Post by jcwaugh747 »

Sorry for digging up an old post, but I thought it important to clarify a point. When SELCAL is utilized, all persons on the frequency will hear the SELCAL signal tones, somewhat similar to hearing tones on a telephone. The difference is that only the aircRaft which matches the SELCAL tones generated will get a chime and light in their aircraft.

SELCAL is also used for a lot more than Ocean Crossings, It is normal practice during flights to establish contact with a ground station, such as Stockholm Radio, Eastern Radio or ARINC, right after takeoff and then place the SELCAL to that radio and turn the volume down or deselect the radio on the Audio Panel, then if Dispatch or anyone needs to reach the aircraft, they contact the ground station, who will SELCAL you to relay the message or provide a telephone patch.

That is why you will often see SELCAL check included for carriers who never do oceanic crossings.
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Thanks for clarifying that John,
That explains now why i was always hearing other pilots selcal tones when crossing the atlantic on vatsim :D

Regards Terry