Show us your flightdeck

Post your Globe Cargo Screen Shots Here . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Tsuru
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Tsuru »

"I know I know, we all fly the same old plane but I think it would be a good idea to show the others how you use your copy of RFP, and what modifications you perhaps applied to it. <!--emo&^_^-->Image<!--endemo--> <a href='http://home.hccnet.nl/y.a.cathalina/Per ... htdeck.jpg' target='_blank'>Image</a> <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>click to enlarge</span> - FSAcars (ofcourse) - ServInfo (no ATC over Iraq... strange... <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo--> ) - CIVA INS (in ATT mode in the picture as I usually fly on GPS) - IvAp client - IVSI/TCAS - Gauge that shows the correct registration of the plane on the glareshield - Some other little modifications, like switching to full screen and back without needing to take my right hand off the controls.... very handy on finals <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->"
Last edited by Tsuru on Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

"That's some neat stuff you have! I have: 1. CIVA INS -- Primary nav, I use GPS only if FS crashes in the middle of a flight and therefore can't realign the INS (unless someone knows a trick...I can't get quick align to work and I don't know if it should work while in the air) 2. IVSI/TCAS 3. FSACARS (of course!!) 4. RealityXP Wx500 weather radar. Jose has a post on the main RFP forum for the panel.cfg file to add all these addons so I have exactly that. Also included is the engine smoke effect. I use the Saitek X45 joystick, the two-piece set has the joystick and a throttle. It's supposed to be modelled after a fighter airplane but it works just as well with something a little less responsive, like a 747 <!--emo&:)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> On the joystick there is a sliding trigger operated by the pinky finger that I have setup to reduce thrust which I use for reverse thrust. My hands are able to stay on the joystick and the throttle at all times during landing, it works great. No more struggling to find the F2 key after touchdown. Justin"
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

Tsuru

Post by Tsuru »

"I use a MS Force Feedback 2 jostick with an integrated throttle... I love its accuracy and the twisting grip, but the only thing the forces are good for is to provide a stick shaker <!--emo&;)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> I see a weather radar is the only thing still missing from my rig. <!--emo&:)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> I remember reading something about the RealityXP gauge... how much is it and where can I get it? <!--emo&:huh:-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]<!--endemo-->"
nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

"The MS Sidewinder FF 2 was my favorite joystick until it quit working and didn't start working again until I had already got used to this X45. I loved how compact and precise it was. Now that it works, I still don't use it because I can't give up all the buttons on the X45 <!--emo&:)-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> You can get the Wx500 from www.reality-xp.com It's a whopping 24.95 USD but I like the product. The trickiest part of the radar is getting the gain right so that only real rain is returned. I haven't flown in rain since my SYD incident so I haven't quite got it figured out yet. Justin"
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725