NOTAM: Online (Vatsim/IVAO) Callsigns

Notices. Read Only.

Moderators: HR, Flight Ops

nwadc10
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NOTAM: Online (Vatsim/IVAO) Callsigns

Post by nwadc10 »

"When flying online with Vatsim or IVAO, callsigns shall be the pilot's GC Pilot Number. For example, no matter what flight I am actually operating, say PO602, my callsign on Vatsim/IVAO will be Polar 1040 (1040 being my GC pilot number). At least Vatsim does not allow duplicate flight numbers when logging on to their system. If another pilot was also flying PO602 and logged on before me I would be unable to connect until I changed my flight number. Using your GC pilot number will avoid this issue. All other references to the flight number shall be to the flight you are operating. Enter, in the case of my example, PO602 in FSACARS or FSFK."
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

rossspargo

Post by rossspargo »

"Can I make it clear that this NOTAM is permanently effective! Others and I have seen many assigned flight numbers, such as PAC607 being flown on VATSIM instead of the pilot number! I can confirm that the majority of pilots seen using the real flight number assignments ARE with Globe Cargo."
James1979

Post by James1979 »

"and don't forget to advertise. in the comments section of your flight plan, please stick www.globecargova.org in there :)"