Website issues

Notices. Read Only.

Moderators: HR, Flight Ops

thansson
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Website issues

Post by thansson »

"We are experiencing problems with the website ranging from pages not loading, unable to connect, unable to send PIREPS etc. We are fully aware of these issues and I have contacted the ISP. Based on previous dealings with them, I am not very optimistic about getting anything resolved in a reasonable time. I will ask them to try to fix it but we will most likely be moving the site to a different host in the near future. Until either the current site is stable or we have moved to a new ISP, I would appreciate everyone patience. The PIREPs usually upload on the second or third try and the template warning in FSFK is non-critical. I will try to post status updates here as I know more what is happening with the site."
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

"Just to keep everyone informed what is going on with the website. We have signed up with a leading ISP to host our site and preparations are underway to move everything to the new location. I hope to have everything moved over and working by the end of tomorrow (Saturday). Once we verify that we have 100% functionality on the new localtion, I will flip the switch and we will have to wait 24-48 hours for the domain name change to propagate to all the nameservers. There will be a database sync (PIREPs and forum) before and after the propagation is complete. It is still possible that posted flights/bids are lost due to the fact that the propagation of domain name depends on which nameserver you are using and which site you actually hit with your posting. I will post here again once the move is complete at which point everyone should check if the flights and/or postings they made in the previous 24-48 hours are visible on the site. Thanks everyone for your patience and I am confident that once the move is complete we will have a fast and reliable website to work from."
cfi@globecargova.org
rossspargo

Post by rossspargo »

Sounds great Tomas :D Nice Work 8)
thansson
Site Admin

Post by thansson »

Well, in case you are a frequent visitor to the forums, you would have noticed that it has been down for several hours now. The good news is that if you see this, you are accessing the new site! The not so good news is that I had a very hard time dumping the database from the old site due to very flaky database connection! After many hours of trying to find a way, I finally got a stable dump off the old site uploaded to the new database...

All the files have been moved, domain name has been updated. I still need to verify that all the data from the operation database made it over and then I will have to set up FTP to accept FSFK files. So while everything on the site should be operational, I don't expect the PIREP clients to be able to connect reliably until tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon... Please post in the general forum if you encounter issues on the forum and the site other than the PIREP clients.

UPDATE

It looks like the dump I did of the operational database was corrupt. I don't have a current image on the server so I will talk to support and ask for them to retrieve a backup version. I hope that the backup is current and easily available or we will have a serious problem with our operation data. Sorry about that folks!
cfi@globecargova.org