NOTAM: LOST FSFK HOURS

Notices. Read Only.

Moderators: HR, Flight Ops

thansson
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NOTAM: LOST FSFK HOURS

Post by thansson »

The site was moved to a new server yesterday. During the process of backing up the database from the old site and moving it to the new site, not all the data made it over. I checked the backups that I made yesterday as well as the 2-3 previous backup files that I had available for the database. None of them contained the complete data. It would seem that the server issues that we had been experiencing on the old site were mainly caused by a very unreliable database connection and this directly led to the backup files being incomplete.

Unfortunately, I only discovered that I had incomplete data after the old site already went off the air and the old databases had been wiped. I tried to contact the ISP but their policy is not to do backups for the customers. The fact that I did backup the data and the incomplete backups were caused on their end doesn't seem to matter much to them. I will try to get hold of a manager or senior tech person on Monday but I have little hope of being able to restore the missing data.

So, all that said, the main data that was lost was all FSFK hours submitted since we moved to the new site in April. The old site backups have all the data up to that point. You will see that if you check your roster, any flights after April will not show. If you have the FSFK database on your system, you can resubmit those flights and it will show up properly. (See separate post for modified FSFK template). We also have screenshots of the roster that is fairly current and we can restore your hours that way as well. Furthermore, due to the unreliable data, I stopped the bidding process and it will restart as soon as I can verify that the new database is stable.

I am very, very sorry for the inconvenience! We will do our best to "reimburse" any hours that you lost in the move. The good news is that the current site is very stable and I sure hope never to have these issues again!
Tomas Hansson, Chief Flight Instructor
cfi@globecargova.org