August 2011 - Terry Macaskill

Be inducted into the Hall of Fame. . . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nwadc10
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

August 2011 - Terry Macaskill

Post by nwadc10 »

Congratulations to Terry, he is a new member of our Hall of Fame. Go check out his section of the wall at Crew Center->Hall of Fame.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts

Re: August 2011 - Terry Macaskill

Post by PKlijnstra »

Congrats Terry, way to go :mrgreen: :D :D
Captain Peter Klijnstra

Brogs

Post by Brogs »

Well done Terry !
Jason Thompson

Post by Jason Thompson »

Hey Terry,

Congrats on your award mate :lol: :lol: . I know in past Terry has helped me with computer issues etc and we regular fly together and talk on TS. Certainly well deserved.

I hope you get ATC clearance when you do your paragliding

Regards

Jason
GTI2500
Regards

Jason
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Thanks a lot guys, :D :D :D

totally was not expecting this honour from Justin and the rest of Management team..

@ Jason , when we fly the paragliders during the week before 1500z up here in the north of scotland we have to phone in and place a NOTAM to an automatic system as to where,how high expected and how many pilots will be flying as most of the north of scotland is a training ground for the Royal Air Forces Tornado fighter jets and is classed as restricted airspace during the week and they do a lot of whats called HEADS UP training(ie they are flying at 500ft or lower and only using there radar for guidance so no looking out the cockpit window)quite often see them flying up my local valley LOWER than my house 8) 8) ,theres also a bombing range at Tain which is 30 miles from where i live and they use LIVE ammunition regularlly :? :?

if flying at weekends then we are good to go as the RAF dont train low level at weekends .
and also when we go to a local coastal site which is just to left of the ILS for runway 05 at EGPE we have to call the tower for clearance as we are inside the airports control area ,and ATC clears us to 250ft AGL but in all honesty its more a training site which if you saw the height of the hill(appx 80ft coastal brae) would make you laugh as the highest i have ever got there is 150feet AGL :lol: :lol:

below is a picture from onboard my glider at that site and the second picture is of an EASYJET 737 or A319 (not sure) on the glideslope of runway 05 at EGPE whilst i am airborne 8) 8)

and a link to a few more nice shots of me playing about at my local site KNOCKFARREL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upnorth/se ... 342443225/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upnorth/16 ... 1533338277

anyway thanks again guys
and see you all up there

Terry
jacques

Post by jacques »

Terry,

Those pictures are just too cool!! I know the winters are long and dark and cold...but you wouldn't find me too close to a computer as long as there was daylight and you could be airborne like that. Forget 35000 feet, THAT is flying, mate :D 8) .
Congrats, naturally! Well deserved :D! See you up there..as soon as Summer is done 8) .

Jay P
rangerscott

Post by rangerscott »

Way to go Terry
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Thanks Gary,Jay :D

yeh your right Jay that is true flying never mind the silly tin cans we fly about in on vatsim,probably as close as i will ever get to being a bird :lol: :lol: :lol: the pictures just dont do it justice really 8)

mind you over here we only get about 30 flyable days a year as we cant fly in winds of over 20mph,or if its raining and also the wind has to be within 30degrees either side of directly onto the hill for it to generate enough lift
and with the weather we get you can drive for hours everything fine ,walk up the hill everything still fine unpack the gliders and the F***ing wind will change direction or drop off completely :lol: :lol: seen that so so many times.
then theres the cost of fuel here which kills me
we tend to spend more time PARAWAITING(sitting in a vehicle waiting for the wind to drop or change direction) than paragliding :lol:

where as in the south of france and probably over in the US too they get on average 300 flyable days a year thats 10 times more flying :lol:

also its only another couple of weeks and the summer is over in the UK :roll: if it isnt already but we can still fly in the winter just need to wrap up well,the coldest i have ever flown in my altimeter/vario registered -11deg c.

anyway glad you liked the pics and heres a couple of vidoes of me at my local site that are not very obvious in my hall of fame speech thing and also a few more pics of playing about late one evening ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJI_fV_ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCUJT9o687s
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn10 ... =slideshow

see you all sooner than you think :lol: :lol:

Terry
ECAaxel

Post by ECAaxel »

Were you flying online when you took those pictures Terry? :lol:
raa57

Post by raa57 »

ECAaxel wrote:Were you flying online when you took those pictures Terry? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeh sure was Alex ,amazing how good the graphics in FS are these days especially with my new PC,you would almost say that sleazyjet was REAL!!! :shock:

Terry
Eugenio Leal/1878

Post by Eugenio Leal/1878 »

Congrats Terry!

It is very well deserved!

you're always out there to help everybody that needs it and I admire that.

Well done!
raa57

Post by raa57 »

Thanks Eugenio :D
Praise indeed,
i see you nearly finished what must be the longest out and return flight that globe fly KIAH/FNLU/KIAH now that is a long haul 8)
wonder how many cups of coffee consumed during that trip?

Terry
Eugenio Leal/1878

Post by Eugenio Leal/1878 »

raa57 wrote:Thanks Eugenio :D
Praise indeed,
i see you nearly finished what must be the longest out and return flight that globe fly KIAH/FNLU/KIAH now that is a long haul 8)
wonder how many cups of coffee consumed during that trip?

Terry

Well after being away working for two weeks I came back home long haul hungry, right now I'm just 1 hour away from landing at KIAH and it took a lot of coffee and tacos to be honest!

8)

Best Regards