Hall of Fame

Be inducted into the Hall of Fame. . . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

globecar
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by globecar »

"Our August 2005 member has been inducted into the Globe Gargo Hall of Fame. Remember, a pilot can only be inducted into the Hall of Fame one time and will remain on the list forever. Justin Erickson [attachmentid=310] Currently I am a Customer Service Coordinator for Mesaba Airlines (Northwest Airlink). I am in charge of 7 gates at Minneapolis/St. Paul International (KMSP). I am responsible for on-time departures out of my gates and directing my ramp agents. One of the more fun things I get to do is pushback the airplanes and I am qualified to brake ride Saab 340?s for repositioning. I ground handle Mesaba?s Saab 340?s, Avro RJ-85?s, and Pinnicle Airlines? CRJ-200?s I have been involved in real world aviation since November of 1997 when I took a half hour intro ride. In that half hour I changed my mind from being a police officer to being a pilot. I earned my Private Pilot license in July of 1998, right after I graduated from high school. From there I went to St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota and received my Bachelor of Science degree in Professional Flight. So, while at SCSU I earned my multi-engine rating, instrument rating, multi-engine commercial, single-engine commercial, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI), CFI-Instrument, and Multi-engine Instructor. I also have my complex and high performance endorsements. I am currently waiting to hear back about a flight instructor position at a local airport. I learned to fly in a Piper PA38-112 Tomahawk and I?ve also flown all major models of the Piper Cherokee series, C152, C172, Mooney, Beechcraft Duchess (light twin trainer). One of the things I am most proud of though is that I got to fly myself to KCGX, Meigs field in Chicago. Any one of you who has been in FS since before FS2002, you know exactly where that is  I have been in flight simulation since 1993 when I got FS5.0 as a Christmas gift. I learned an incredible amount about flying even from that earlier version of FS. At the time, my step-dad was still flying for Northwest Airlines so whenever I had a question about instruments or technique he?d help me. By the time I set foot in a real airplane, I already knew how to work the VOR receiver. In fact, on that intro ride I spoke about earlier, the instructor let me land the plane and he didn?t have to touch the controls. That?s a testament to what you can learn and really how realistic FS is. I have had every version of FS since FS5.0 and I will continue to purchase every release of FS. I have been involved in VA?s since 1998, I think. I first joined Noble Air?s Boston hub. I remember printing out the pilot?s manual and reading it carefully. I was so excited to get started. I honestly don?t remember how or why I quit because it was so long ago. Then I started with NWVA. There, I rose through the ranks and eventually made it to V.P. of NWVA. When I had enough of that I didn?t join any other VA?s until I saw Ralph was starting, at the time, Virtual Atlas Air (which we now know as our beloved Virtual Globe Cargo). I remember, ?first 50 pilots will automatically be Captains?, or something to that effect. That really drew me in to sign up quick  Almost right away Ralph recruited me to ORD Hub Manager and I?ve been in management ever since. I enjoy helping pilots with problems and working on projects in the background. I spend quite a few hours each week between Regional Manager duties and working on projects with other members of management and some pilots to enhance realism and enjoyment of the VA."
Last edited by globecar on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.