Javier Fernández

Be inducted into the Hall of Fame. . . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nwadc10
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by nwadc10 »

"[attachmentid=799] Congratulations to Javier Fernandez as he has been inducted into the Hall of Fame for his performance in June 2006! Here is a letter from Javier- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- First I´d like to thank to all the GC Team for this honour. Usually I don´t like to talk about me, but in this case I´ll give you a brief description: My name is Javier, I was born in Caracas (Venezuela) in 1977 and few years ago I received the degree of Chemical Engineer. I started my experience in Flight Simulation with an Epson Equity I+ (8086 processor), 2 diskette 5 ? units (flexible disks) and no hard disk (not even in dreams). This excellent equipment can be found in eBay for only 9.99 and is an excellent choice for those of you who want to learn low level programming languages like assembler (very interesting) Well, talking about simulation, as most of you, I lived almost all the FS evolution, including the subLogic ATP Simulator (my first approach to an airliner simulator), then all my PC´s was changing as all the FS versions did. Few years ago I had my first experience with online simulation, I remember that I had to read a lot of material to get connected to Meigs Field Tower, then I found people creating Virtual Airlines (emulating the real ones), later I realized about 3rd party aircraft designed for FS, models that was far enough in realism from the FS default ones. In December 2004 I was flying the RFP 742, in January 2005 when I was looking for Polar liveries I found the RFP Forum Site filled with liveries from other airlines but no the Polar liveries that I wanted, just few seconds later I saw the link for the GC site!!! There I just applied for the pilot job and started to fly officially for GC, and guess what?? finally I got my Polar and Atlas Liveries. Two months ago I just saw a post requesting a new Assistant for Atlas Manager, I sent my personal profile to Justin and one week later I got the job, besides to Michel (Atlas Manager) we started the new Atlas Bidding System, with all the Michel´s experience and patience I learned to use and administrate the system, posting some of the assignments that you just saw on the Atlas board week after week. With the recent movements of GC staff positions I was promoted to Atlas Manager and again I want to thank Justin, Michel and all the GC team. From this new position I´ll try to do my best to improve the airline and serve the pilots with more and interesting assignments. For all the GC pilots, please help us to keep moving those 18 wheelers!!!. Gracias amigos. Javier Fernández. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725