Petri Suni - August 2006

Be inducted into the Hall of Fame. . . .

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

nwadc10
Site Admin
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Petri Suni - August 2006

Post by nwadc10 »

"I would like to congratulate Petri Suni for his consistency and professionalism for flights conducted in August of 2006! Image Keep up the great work Petri! -------------------------------------------------------------------- My name is Petri Suni and I am 32 years old. I have a wife but no kids (yet). I live in Lieto, Finland. That is a small village some 10 miles north of the town of Turku, where I was born. I have a master's degree in Computer Science from the Turku university and I work for a software company that develops software for the electronics manufacturing industry. My home airport is EFTU. I have been interested in all kinds of vehicles and airplanes all my life. I first started by plane-spotting at the Turku airport during the weekends and sometimes after school, too. I have thought about getting a private pilot's license many times, but those darn things cost too much for a normal person (especially one who has a wife, too...) Later on, when I got Microsoft Flight Simulator, I started my simulated flying. At the same time I was also interested (and still am) in military flight simulators, so I bought the Falcon series games as they became available. I still have Falcon 4. At first the Microsoft Flight simulator planes & scenery were not too interesting, so my virtual flying was mainly done in Falcon. It was probably around the year 2000 or 2001 when I noticed an ad for the "Ready for Pushback" 742. I bought it just out of curiosity and then there was no turning back! I got hooked on the level of procedural and technical detail immediately! This is when my civilian flying started to get more "as real as it gets" and I started to make laminated checklists for myself etc. After a short while I bought a CH products yoke and Thrustmaster pedals in addition to my joystick. I also started to pay attention to the ATC and fly more like one does in real life. I soon stopped using any of the default FS planes and flew only with the RFP. Actually, my devotion to that plane lasted all the way up to the point when PMDG came out with their 744. I think that the PMDG bird is now THE best plane in MSFS, but RFP held that position in my heart up to this point. I even tried the world of VATSIM online flying for a while but there were two problems for me: lack of time and lack of time. There you cannot use time-compression and flying a ten- hour flight in real time is just not an option for me. Also, I noticed that there were some let's just say "not so nice" people around there who think that because they don't ever make any mistakes, no one else can, either. So I dropped that hobby rather quickly. I've heard that VATSIM has come a long way in these about 6 years that have passed since then so this is something that I might try again, someday. Maybe. Finally, when Ralph announced his VA idea, I was one of the first people to say "Yep, count me in!". And I have loved this VA ever since for all the realism it has and for the great people involved. I truly wish that I could spend more time flying for Globe Cargo but my work keeps me quite busy so I cannot take as much time for virtual flying these days as I would like to. Currently I am very excited about the new FS10 and I hope that PMDG will make sure their bird flies over there, too. See you guys in the virtual skies! Best Regards, Petri --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Justin"
Last edited by nwadc10 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

jlpareja

Post by jlpareja »

"Congratulations, Petri!! It's nice to see this award goes to one of the most veteran pilots which is in Globe Cargo since the beggining. More than 2 years flying for Globe Cargo is wonderful. I think this is a deserved award. Congratulations again and keep up the good work."
PetriSuni

Post by PetriSuni »

Thank you! I love flying for this VA. It's too bad that my job keeps me so busy that I cannot accumulate flying time nearly as much as I would like to...But whenever I do get to fly I enjoy every second! Let's keep that cargo movin! Petri
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

"
"PetriSuni" wrote:Thank you! I love flying for this VA. It's too bad that my job keeps me so busy that I cannot accumulate flying time nearly as much as I would like to...But whenever I do get to fly I enjoy every second! Let's keep that cargo movin! Petri
Congratulations, Petri! Do you live in Turku? I was there in 2002 getting on the boat to Marienhamn. Also took a Finnair ATR from EFTU to EFHK on the way back."
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

esurfman
Member with over 30 posts

Post by esurfman »

Gongratulations Petri. Good job. :lol: 8)
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
PetriSuni

Post by PetriSuni »

"Yes, I live in Turku. Or, actually to be exact, I live in Lieto, which is a small village some 10 miles north of Turku but EFTU is my home airport, nonetheless. Glad to hear that you've been here! How did you like the scenery in the Archipelago of Turku? That's my favorite place in the summer time! Petri"
mvm

Post by mvm »

Congrats Petri...great job!!