Flight Operations Center....

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

esurfman
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Flight Operations Center....

Post by esurfman »

Thanks... I wrote to the guy to see I could make a special like FSFK but he might have misunderstood me because we would heve had to buy bulk and then resell to you but I sent him another email to see if individuals got get a VA discount the way it works with Aerosoft and FSFK...waiting for him to answer back.
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
Kevin Hester

Post by Kevin Hester »

chevol wrote:Yes Louis, I am very happy with Topcat and the prog is constantly being updated by its creator, it is a very nice piece
I couldn't agree more with that statement. I love TOPCAT and it's features.

FOC is a hard program to learn, but I love it and use it quite often.

Also gents keep in mind that ETOPS/STOPS are for twin engine aircraft which will sooner or later be replaced by LROPS. LROPS will be enforced on all aircraft. :shock:
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Hi Steve

What's happened to BA Virtual?

John
Carlos Cané

Post by Carlos Cané »

John Khan wrote:Hi Steve

What's happened to BA Virtual?

John
They are in the middle of updating all their systems so they stopped operations for a while to focus completely on the development. I think they are planning to restart on April 19th.
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Thanks Carlos,

John
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Stephen Bell wrote:Gents,

Just my two 'penny worth'

I have been using FOC for some 2 months now with fantastic results.

Prior to joining GCVA I flew for 'the worlds favourite airline' amassing some 1500hrs as a 747-436 (RR RB211-524H) driver & flight planning has always been a subject of fascination for me.

It really is worth taking the time to learn the ins & outs and it's quirky nature ... the beauty of FOC is that even if you are in a hurry you can get a very comprehensive flight plan ... convert this into the format for the PMDG FMC ... load your fuel ... & go ... loading your WPT Winds in the air just like the RW drivers sometimes have to!

The WX data that is used in the calculations is RW from Jepp & IMHO produces much more precise results ... when individual WPT Winds & temps as printed in the FOC Flight Plan are checked against the current WX file in Active Sky 6.5 I see differences of less than 5% in speed, direction & OAT.

Gone are the FS Build days of running a representation of the flight plan through AS6.5 ... this only gave WPT Wind info for the currently loaded WX ... this obviously can become a real issue the futher you fly ... as the WX can & will change throught the flight.

FOC will predict the spot WPT Winds as they occur through the flight ... & as I have already pointed out this is extremly close to what AS6.5 spits out at the appropriate time. So just load AS6.5 & let it run ... ensuring it does update from time to time.

The full package with WX & AIRAC cycles really is the way to go.

On the subject of fuel burns ... the GE engined PMDG 744F burns in the region of 3-5% more than the FOC calculations ... simple to calculate by inserting a bias prediction of 0030 or 0050 respectively in the appropriate box prior to pressing 'CALCULATION'. I flew SYD-PVG last Sunday & arrived within 100kgs of the planned landing fuel...having loaded the WPT Winds into the FMC at the gate ... not bad for a 9hr flight!

The only slight issue is that for the PMDG 744F only M.860 Cruise Tables are available ... tables for M.850 & M.840 are planned ... if anybody has access to these then I am sure the FOC Team would be interested.

The STOPS EROPS facility is a very useful tool & enables you to precisely determine your ETP between ALTNs (LATLON & PBD points) ... it makes the longer sectors a breeze ... & these ETPs are a breeze to insert into the RTE ... FOC even gives you radii to place around your ALTNs in the FIX Page.

So ... IMHO ... probably ... (in conjunction with AS6.5) ... the best piece of FS software I have ever purchased ... sadly my printer ink cartridge now needs replacing more often LOL!

Kind Regards

Steve Bell

GCVA 2021
BAW0538
Stephen,

im one of the guys that made some profiles and including a full 747-400 GE engines including .86 .85 .85 .LRC cruises datas not bad at all ... there is no known and published datas for .84.

about PMDG and my profile there is a difference i must confess the FMC from PMDG and my datas are not the same and its mean this little difference of 3% to 5% but any real 744 operators will be happy with a so little margin ...

enjoy

phil
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Kevin Hester wrote:
chevol wrote:Yes Louis, I am very happy with Topcat and the prog is constantly being updated by its creator, it is a very nice piece
I couldn't agree more with that statement. I love TOPCAT and it's features.

FOC is a hard program to learn, but I love it and use it quite often.

Also gents keep in mind that ETOPS/STOPS are for twin engine aircraft which will sooner or later be replaced by LROPS. LROPS will be enforced on all aircraft. :shock:
No truely true some operators of 744 like ACA used a rule like Etops with max 180' from any airports (some twin aircrafts have better etops) this is due to fire restriction ..!!! and you can generate it with FOC too .... dont remember the rules but i made the ETP feeding for the 744 GE profle.

see you

phil
Kevin Hester

Post by Kevin Hester »

I hope you guys know that the 744 isn't approved for ETOPS. It's only for twin engine aircraft. LROPS on the other hand will replace ETOPS eventually and LROPS will be enforced on all aircraft. :wink:
chevol

Post by chevol »

If ETOPS drops what pops up in ops with LROPS ? :wink:
Luc Chevol-Voeltzel
pilot #1196
Geneva, Switzerland

ImageImage
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Guys,

i ve just got a good news i have now a CI 0 charts that i will input into the foc profiles ... this is very close to CI20 and will helps your fuel and time predictions ... as usual the pmdg is not burning fuel like boeing numbers but not that far ...

see you

Phil
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Louis

Did you use the piece about a Topcat for VAs on their site? Would it be worth sending them Globe Cargo's details if you haven't?

John
esurfman

Post by esurfman »

John, they wrote back to me after I asked if we could have a discount like AOA or FSSK; they see that you are indeed a pilot from Globe and you get x% discount. That is not the way they do it. For Globe to have the discount Globe would have to buy so many programs and then forward them to the pilots. Iguess I could try again to see if they have changed their way of doing things.
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Thanks Louis

Nah, I agree that is not the way to do it, if that is how their VA discount works.

I wouldn't bother getting back to them.

John
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

as there is a mix between FOC and TOPcats,

im continuing giving infos on the new profile coming for 744 : i ve got my hands on CI 20 or CI 30 charts so it will be implemented on updated FOC 2003 profile ....!!!

see you

Phil
RCR

Post by RCR »

phil747fan wrote:as there is a mix between FOC and TOPcats,

im continuing giving infos on the new profile coming for 744 : i ve got my hands on CI 20 or CI 30 charts so it will be implemented on updated FOC 2003 profile ....!!!

see you

Phil
Phil,

This would be awesome, thanks! Will you do these in pounds or kilos, -or both? Being a Yank, it's hard for me to think in kilos...

Regards,

Robert