Introduction

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

Brogs
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Introduction

Post by Brogs »

LA Galaxy ? more money than sense, about the same standard as a low ranked Championship Team over here, thats why Beckham has to play with Inter Milan over the close season to rediscover his Form so he can play 10-15 Mins for England,, as for Man U, Ted said it all , the Biggest Club of any sport anywhere, a worldwide brand , in the true sense of the Word ! :D
hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

Ted, Gabe, Stanley, it's all good! :shock:

United!...United!...United!
hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

Brogs wrote:LA Galaxy ? more money than sense, about the same standard as a low ranked Championship Team over here, thats why Beckham has to play with Inter Milan over the close season to rediscover his Form so he can play 10-15 Mins for England,, as for Man U, Ted said it all , the Biggest Club of any sport anywhere, a worldwide brand , in the true sense of the Word ! :D
To add to the general ignorance of the sport in America, you should have heard the grumblings from the LA Galaxy "fans" when Beckham didn't score 100 points in one game. He actually had to go to the media and explaing that his position is not a Striker, but a Midfielder. Still, the grumbling continued that Beckham is worthless, etc.

LA brought Beckham here as a publicity stunt to try to generate interest in the sport because of his "marqee" status. The expectation of the American soccer fans was so high, Beckham could have never achieved them.

He's better off staying in Europe. American soccer atheletes need to aspire to be as good as European players, not the other way around.
Member with over 30 posts

Post by 1691 »

Ted,

If having the World Cup here 10+ years ago didnt do it, I would tend to think that this will not be a major sport here ever. I would gladly trade football for american football or basketball any day.
Allan Burek-1691
Coordinator, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

I just stick to motorsports: Formula One, Le Mans, etc. :D
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

I love all the sports in America, so I'm not ready to give them up. I just wish soccer was one of the more supported sports in US.

I just love it when I run into a person who won't even acknowledge that soccer is a sport..... :evil:
esurfman

Post by esurfman »

What about the Montreal Candiens??? 24 championships...100 years of history...... 8) :twisted:
Louis Sanson
Pilot 1068
Captain 747-400 777-200/300 737
Vatsim id # 964473
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Ok.. whats the new members name? Red who? Anyhow, welcome aboard!
hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

A test for the "real" hockey fans.....

Who is this guy, and what is his history?

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474588

Post by 1691 »

His father was the head coach of the USSR's dynasty team that lost to the USA in 1980. Too bad his son isnt really as dominant.
Allan Burek-1691
Coordinator, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
mx@globecargova.org

Live Flight Deck Camera
hawkeyeted

Post by hawkeyeted »

1691 wrote:His father was the head coach of the USSR's dynasty team that lost to the USA in 1980. Too bad his son isnt really as dominant.
Thank you Allen!

He's the grandson of Viktor Tikhonov, the head coach of the Russian Olympic Hockey team in the 1980 Lake Placid "Miracle on Ice".

(I was at that very game in Lake Placid. I was 10, and what has stayed with me through my life was how loud it was. "USA! USA!" It was deafening!)