Flights into Haiti [MTPP]

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

jfriz
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Flights into Haiti [MTPP]

Post by jfriz »

How come Titan, Polar, or Atlas, has not scheduled flights into Port-au-Prince airport, at Haiti , carrying relief supplies? :roll:

Jerry
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
phil747fan

Re: Flights into Haiti [MTPP]

Post by phil747fan »

Jerry,

seems you didnt follow our discussion on this huge and sad subject ... first the airport was closed for some long time then the problems were no fuel available and no more space on the small tarmack of MTPP (real FAA issues not my brain head ...)

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4435

better to post with your full name and pilot ID.

truly yours

Phil

plus there are some flights already done ... we cannot sent whole the fleet there even if we dream about that.
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Phil, thanks for the reply. I did read many other replys, but they are gone now. [guess someone deleted them]
I also see where there were 2 flights, [already done to Port-au- Prince]

Cheers,
Jerry
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

“The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.” – Bill Gates
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

jfriz wrote:Phil, thanks for the reply. I did read many other replys, but they are gone now. [guess someone deleted them]
I also see where there were 2 flights, [already done to Port-au- Prince]

Cheers,
Jerry
Didnt see something or someone with deleted posts ...!!!!
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi Phil,
Okay,
I'll be going up in a C130 soon flight from KMIA-MTPP :P
Cheers,
Jerry
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Guys I didn't delete anything.. :) By the way, all flights reset and ready to go.
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Thank you Bryon,
Looks like I missed them, as others grabbed them. [the flights to MTPP]

Cheers,
Jerry #2200
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

Jerry, keep checking, I'll be trying to repost everyday as much as I can.

I am seeing a couple of these that are kind of being sat on. I know we have a 48 hour turn on these, but as I posted in the Atlas thread, we need to fly these things and move over and let someone else take one. There are several guys that want to fly these and I can't post more than I have already done. Lets be considerate of our fellow VA pilots and give everyone a good chance at grabbing one of these.
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

Hi Bryan,
I am still checking, once a day. I see where pilot #2004 still sitting on a flight after a week.
I have made many trips with another VA, so, have lots of flying.
It would be good if you could do back to back flights, just like the airlines do, then you make more money, and don't have to leave the plane there.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jfriz
GCA Captain 2200

John Khan

Post by John Khan »

There doesn't seem to be a pilot 2004 according to the roster?

Tom, No.2054 completed a KSFO MTTP flight and posted a good screen shot.

By the way, can someone have a look at the flight TTN500. It states a 757F, N501TA, going from Edmonton Canada to East Midlands, a distance of 3600 NM. Is this correct?

John
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

John Khan wrote:There doesn't seem to be a pilot 2004 according to the roster?

Tom, No.2054 completed a KSFO MTTP flight and posted a good screen shot.

By the way, can someone have a look at the flight TTN500. It states a 757F, N501TA, going from Edmonton Canada to East Midlands, a distance of 3600 NM. Is this correct?

John
John,

this is an easy task ...

ill take you for a landing weight of 80T , for 3600 nm at .79 08:07 for 27773 kg for each ton above this LDW of 80 t you need 297 kg in plus.

and seems we re not that far from the limit but doable.
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Thanks Phil

I didn't think a 757 would go that far. That is a 757 isn't it? Maybe it;s supposed to be a 767 or 747?

I don't have one on the flightsim since PSS failed so am not up with the limits.

John
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

John Khan wrote:Thanks Phil

I didn't think a 757 would go that far. That is a 757 isn't it? Maybe it;s supposed to be a 767 or 747?

I don't have one on the flightsim since PSS failed so am not up with the limits.

John
yes John it was datas for 757 ...
yoni63

Post by yoni63 »

The flight is correct. If you figure your numbers it should be doable. However, if you do not feel comfortable with that, reduce your cargo amount. It's been posted before and flown though.
Carlos Cané

Post by Carlos Cané »

jfriz wrote:Hi Bryan,
I am still checking, once a day. I see where pilot #2004 still sitting on a flight after a week.
I have made many trips with another VA, so, have lots of flying.
It would be good if you could do back to back flights, just like the airlines do, then you make more money, and don't have to leave the plane there.
Cheers,
Jerry
That's me. I made a flight (KMIA-MTPP) and completed it and then selected another (KSFO-MTPP) which I wasn't able to complete for some computer issues, but I instantly contacted Bryan to let him know what happened so he could reset the flight. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.