PMDG Update

Here is where the coffee machine and Coke machine are kept. Please clean up after yourself and do not remove the magazines from this area. A good place to exchange thoughts with Operations personel and other pilots.

Moderators: Staff, HR, Flight Ops

PKlijnstra
Member with over 30 posts
www.meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: PMDG Update

Post by PKlijnstra »

:shock: An HUD in an airliner :?: :?: :shock: Does it get sidewinders and amraams too :mrgreen:
Captain Peter Klijnstra

nharwood

Post by nharwood »

It's been a real world option on airliners for some time now just not simulated in FS until now but I'd rather have chaff / flare dispensers then sidewinders and amraams :mrgreen:
mlegein
Site Admin

Post by mlegein »

Alaska Airlines and SAS have been using HUD's on the 737s for many years.
Michel Legein - #1279
Vice President
vp (at) globecargova (dot) org

5nm from KSUA

nwadc10
Site Admin

Post by nwadc10 »

You can find HUDs in smaller aircraft too such as Horizon's Dash 8's and I know a small airline in AK uses them in Twin Otters.
Justin Erickson, Captain #1040
Chief Executive Officer
Globe Cargo PIREP (GCP) Developer
ceo-at-globecargova.org
Vatsim ID: 871725

PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

:shock: I had no idea of that, at least it's looking good in the PMDG's one

nharwood wrote:It's been a real world option on airliners for some time now just not simulated in FS until now but I'd rather have chaff / flare dispensers then sidewinders and amraams :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's an option too
Captain Peter Klijnstra

phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

nwadc10 wrote:You can find HUDs in smaller aircraft too such as Horizon's Dash 8's and I know a small airline in AK uses them in Twin Otters.
and the first one operationnal was the Dassault Mercure ... with air inter
Bodo Mueller

Post by Bodo Mueller »

Hi,

the 744-8i product extension is kinda a "joke" for me. It is really only an exterior model with extended eyecandy features compared to the 744X and a new sound package. The panel and VC has not been touched at all. So if you buy this product, you'll have to fly this aircraft with a 744 panel :roll:

As you know the panel of the 744-8i has LCD screens, the ISFD and electronic check lists similar to the 777! The gear lever has only two positions like the 777 and the trim indicator has been moved into the screen. So just a few items to mention which are changed!

As ATLAS Air has orderdd the 744-8i F, this uopdade could have been interesting and a must have for GC, but not in such condition. For me, I will not fly it.
Best regards,
Bodo Müller
Pilot # 1042
Jamal_Pratt

Post by Jamal_Pratt »

Fassam wrote:Phillipe,

Agree not in for this one unless the flight characteristics and range capabilities have also been changed which I believe from reading the announcement is a no.

shame would have been a nice opportunity for them to update the 747-400 package to a fully blown 748 and make some money; i suppose they looked at it and just was not financially viable. Can't say I blame them, I run a business and do not give away someting for nothing.

As for the T7 me personally can take it or leave, the days of buying eveyr add on are over!!! However this announcement is making interest waves across the FS commnunities looking at the various FS related message boards.

Am happy with my 744 and MD11 :D
I don't agree they still did a great job modeling the 747-8i but they did mention that untill boeing releases technical details on he bird they couldnt modify the flight charachterisitcs but they will in the future

it's just one of those filler projects the last big bird was the MD-11 it's nice to see that PMDG can still pump out good quality products in a short span..the release of the 747-8i just makes me that more hungary for the NGX
John Khan

Post by John Khan »

Jamal_Pratt wrote:
Fassam wrote:Phillipe,

I don't agree they still did a great job modeling the 747-8i but they did mention that untill boeing releases technical details on he bird they couldnt modify the flight charachterisitcs but they will in the future

it's just one of those filler projects the last big bird was the MD-11 it's nice to see that PMDG can still pump out good quality products in a short span..the release of the 747-8i just makes me that more hungary for the NGX
Yup, so I will be waiting for the fully updated version, with suitable gauges etc.

Do you remember tthe old PSS 777? The problems they had when they released an "unfinished" version, with suitable warnings, which people purchased and then never stopped complaining about?

John

PS. Hey I learned how to do the "Quote". :D
phil747fan

Post by phil747fan »

Bodo Mueller wrote:Hi,

the 744-8i product extension is kinda a "joke" for me. It is really only an exterior model with extended eyecandy features compared to the 744X and a new sound package. The panel and VC has not been touched at all. So if you buy this product, you'll have to fly this aircraft with a 744 panel :roll:

As you know the panel of the 744-8i has LCD screens, the ISFD and electronic check lists similar to the 777! The gear lever has only two positions like the 777 and the trim indicator has been moved into the screen. So just a few items to mention which are changed!

As ATLAS Air has orderdd the 744-8i F, this uopdade could have been interesting and a must have for GC, but not in such condition. For me, I will not fly it.
Bodo,

this is certainly because we re on the old class of flight simming lol .... and eye candy is not only what we re looking for ?
nharwood

Post by nharwood »

Yup, we all know the exterior model is all that'll come with the 744-8i. Their other announcements interested me more.
Fassam

Post by Fassam »

I would suggest a re-read of what I actually wrote. It is clearly not a complaint about the product, just an observation and I do understand as clearly stated in the post why they have done this.

Anyhow; should they re-model the 747-8 in to the full blown package it could be the catalyst that pushes me to FSX!

:roll:
rav72

Post by rav72 »

PKlijnstra wrote::shock: An HUD in an airliner :?: :?: :shock: Does it get sidewinders and amraams too :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4468 :wink:
PKlijnstra

Post by PKlijnstra »

Yeah I already read that topic. Interesting read and vid. Where is that HUD located in a boeing, I can't find that anywhere :o
Captain Peter Klijnstra

Fassam

Post by Fassam »

Is it a fairly popular additional piece of kit for airlines?

I fly with a few different carriers here in Europe and have never noticed them, however thats not to say they are not there! Especially as I have absolutely zero detective and observation skills lol!